Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emobebe

Hood And Hob

Hi,

I would like to seek the forumers' opinion about hood and hob.

I cook daily and will be using gas cyclinder cos the hdb block does not use citygas. What kind of brand I should look for and what are the things I need to take note.

Btw, I am thinking not to install kitchen sliding glass. What kind of hood should I look for in this case?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I cook daily and will be using gas cyclinder cos the hdb block does not use citygas. What kind of brand I should look for and what are the things I need to take note.

Btw, I am thinking not to install kitchen sliding glass. What kind of hood should I look for in this case?

Things that I had put into consideration:

Flame size- I like more heat. Most European cook tops are rated at 3 kW. I bought my Electrolux at 4kW. Rinnai and Fujioh have higher heat specifications as well. Bosch domino has 6 kW for a single burner and the price is very much more expensive.

Aesthetics- Of course this will be the deciding factor as we want the looks to match the kitchen set up. The stainless steel tops for most that I have seen looked passe. The ones that are nice usually cost a lot too. Being a fusspot, I also preferred the thick cast iron stands. You should try and remove everything on the top to see if it is easy to remove for cleaning.

Geomancy: 4 burners apparently are not good. Why? Maybe you can google and find out. I just followed people's advice.

What brands are good? Spending much time reading renotalk has indicated Fujioh as a great choice. I have used my last cook top for 12 years and till date it is still functioning like new, besides the look because of wear and tear.

Safety wise, just ensure they have the safety valve option. Other forums have recommended that the switches be located at the right or left side to prevent children from turning it on.

Glass wise, everyone recommends Schott Schering.

Thats what I found out about cook tops.

"Btw, I am thinking not to install kitchen sliding glass. What kind of hood should I look for in this case?" ( I don't know what you mean)

But here goes for hoods, the only real difference that I think matters is the extraction rate. The more the merrier. Downside is noise. So think about what is a good compromise. I bought my Bosch Island chimney at 900m3/hr. It runs at 65db. Bosch is a good brand and island chimney choices are quite limited and they are very pricey. Mayer has a wide range of hoods. If not just go for the packages like Fujioh or Rinnai has.

Hi,

For Hood, I prefer chimney hood with glass panel. It will make your kitchen look more modern and you can clean off the dirt off the glass. Unfortunately, they are x.

If you have budget concern, go for hobz/fujioh:

Hobz:

=> Upsize: Cheap, cost $423 after discount, 2 years service warrenty, highest extraction of 1000m3/hr, come with 650, 850 and 1000m3/hr, LED lighting, filter is cheap at $20-30.

=> Downsize: Made in China, noisy at 1000m3/hr(All hood is noisy at this extraction, tried out other brand), need to change filter after 2 yrs.

Fujioh:

=> Upsize: Cheap, cost $378 after discount, 2 years service warrenty, auto cleaning system?(need to verify)

=> Downsize: Made in China, highest extraction only 750m3/hr, normal lighting, no filter needed?(Need to verify)

If you have medium budget, go for Aerogas/Teka:

Aerogas:

=> Upsize: Cheap, cost $499, ?? years service warrenty,, highest extraction of 900m3/hr, come with 3 speed, filter cost?

=> Downsize: Made in MY, noisy at 900m3/hr(All hood is noisy at this extraction, tried out other brand), need to change filter after 2 yrs, normal lighting

If you have high budget, go for Brand => Meyer, Bosch (cost >$1000 for glass one) (No research as the cost is way out of my budget...ha..ha)