Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steelze

Maid's Work Schedule

hi experienced peers out there. we recently hired a maid to take care of our baby and of course clean the house and cook dinner.

as we are new to having a maid in our family, can u guys share how you all manage them over housekeeping?

currently, i briefly tell her what to do each week. if i forget to tell her, she wont do anything but to play with my baby and watch tv... i am thinking of coming out with a schedule or something, but dunno what is considered reasonable amount of work for her.

some background info: mine is a family of 3 with both my wife n myself working. Only our baby and her will be home during the day. ours is a hdb 5i 120sqm. 1 car. breakfast for me and dinner for whole family only.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1st. How big is your baby?

2nd. Never left your baby with a maid w/o any family member around.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC11...ho-abused-child

33 months jail for maid who abused child

06:05 AM Mar 26, 2011

SINGAPORE - A 17-year-old Indonesian maid has been sentenced to 33 months' jail for abusing her ex-employer's daughter who was then only a year old.

The maid is not named to protect the girl's identity.

The maid, who ill-treated the toddler in a Bedok Reservoir Road flat in November and December 2009, pleaded guilty to eight of 19 child abuse charges.

Within a space of just five days, the teenager kicked the girl and slapped her several times. She also dragged the child by the hand across the living room before dropping her onto a mattress.

The abuse caused the girl to suffer injuries, including bruises to her legs.

On Friday, the court was shown video clips of the maid committing the offence.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Wong Woon Kwong said that the girl's parents had installed several closed-circuit cameras inside their flat without the maid's knowledge.

That is because the toddler's grandmother had complained that the maid was lazy and had hit the girl even though she was told not to do so.

The girl's parents viewed the CCTV footage captured on December 6 and were shocked to learn of their daughter's ordeal.

The maid, who is represented by lawyer Loo Eng Teck, will be appealing against the sentence. SHAFFIQ ALKHATIB

http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/2010/09/...ep-28-2010.html

Sep 28, 2010

Maid broke toddler's bone

By Elena Chong

A FILIPINO maid who was massaging her employer's three-year-old son pulled his leg so forcefully that his right thigh bone was broken.

Myla Cabradilla Cabuenas, 30, then told her employer that the toddler had fallen at home and injured his knee.

But the employer, who had wired her home with cameras, viewed the video footage and saw what the maid had done to the boy. He has a history of developmental delay and suffers from epilepsy.

She told her husband, a 36-year-old engineer, who then called the police.

Yesterday, the maid was jailed nine months for ill-treating the child under her care at her employer's home on July 1.

Assistant Public Prosecutor Asran Samad said the maid was alone with the boy when she placed him on a mattress and began massaging his legs. She had been hired three months earlier to perform basic physiotherapy techniques, including massaging the boy, and caring for him.

May 12, 2010

Maid accused of sex with boy

By Elena Chong

AN INDONESIAN maid was hauled to court on Wednesday for having sex with her employer's 12-year-old son.

The 27-year-old is alleged to have caused the boy, with his consent, to engage in oral sex at the HDB unit in the east on Dec 25 last year.

She is also accused of causing the boy to have sex with her sometime at end-June and mid-December last year. The fourth charge under the Children and Young Persons Act states that she committed an obscene act with a child by engaging in sex and oral sex with him between end-June and Dec 25.

The court has ordered the name of the victim to be withheld or anything that will lead to his identification.

If convicted of the sexual penetration of a minor under 16, she can be jailed for up to 10 years and fined on each charge. The maximum penalty for the CYPA charge is a fine of up to $5,000 and/or a jail term of up to two years.

The short and bespectacled domestic worker was offered bail of $20,000. Her passport was impounded. She will appear in court again on May 19.

Grief-stricken hubby gives up on life

By Chong Shin Yen

17 Sep 2010

IT has been said that when you lose a loved one, a part of you dies too.

And that may be true of Mr Drake Poh.

The Singaporean businessman lost his wife and daughter when they were killed by their maid six years ago.

Gone was the love of his life, his companion, his confidante - the woman he had fallen in love with at first sight.

They had been married for only four years when tragedy struck.

And Mr Poh, 50, never got over their deaths.

He lost the will to live.

Last Friday, he died from complications due to kidney failure.

His sister, Madam Jenny Poh, 44, said that he had a kidney transplant in India 16 years ago.

But after his wife's death, Mr Poh stopped watching his diet.

Said Madam Poh, a housewife: 'When his wife was around, she would cook for him and take care of him. She made sure he stuck to a strict and healthy diet.

'After she died, he couldn't be bothered anymore.'

Mr Poh's wife, Madam Angie Ng, 34, and their daughter, Crystal, 3, were stabbed to death in his sixth-storey office at Block 165, Bukit Merah Central, on 28May, 2002.

Their maid, Sundarti Supriyanto, then 22, had set the place on fire. She was found outside the burning unit by firefighters, carrying the couple's son, Leon, who was then 18 months old.

Sundarti was jailed for life for manslaughter in September 2004.

Indon maid caught abusing baby on CCTV

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews...0205-48359.html

5 Feb 2008

AN Indonesian maid has been arrested by the police for abusing her employers' two-month old baby boy at their home after video recording showing her hitting and kicking the infant was posted by the parents on YouTube.

The maid, who is in her mid 20s, has been released on bail, following questioning by the police. But investigation is still ongoing.

The baby's parents were was shocked when they saw recorded images of the maid abusing the baby in her Paya Lebar Crescent home, which were captured by a closed circuit TV they had installed recently.

They filed a police report on Jan 26, and also posted the video recording on YouTube, outraging many Netizens.

The series of six videos (http://youtube.com/user/oreomummi) has attracted more than 36,000 views.

Many who saw the videos bristled with anger.

PrincessJuly83 said in her posting: 'I'm so angry after watching the videos. How can the maid do something inhuman like that?? I'm a mother of 2 and I know how heart breaking it is to see your own baby getting abused liked that. I hope the baby is fine, without any internal or external injuries.'

Another said: 'I am so upset about it. Really angry with the maid. Never comfortable with having maid taking care of baby and young children without other adult around them. Good that you have CCTV and find out early. poor baby.'

Another angry Netizen added: 'Can we know which agency this maid is from? And what is the punishment for this maid?. Hope she doesn't just get away by just sending back to her country. Hope that baby is healthy though.'

The employers said they decided to install the CCTV after reading media reports of maids abusing their young charges.

They were horrified and shocked when the very first video recording they did caught the maid in the violent act.

'The maid appears mild and gentle in front of us. We never suspect she would be so cruel to our baby,' Madam Wong was quoted as saying by an online site.

She decided to put up the video on YouTube to warn other parents who have maids looking other their babies.

Indonesian maid jumps after dropping baby from 23rd floor

SINGAPORE (DPA): An Indonesian maid flung a 5-month-old baby boy down 23 stories to his death and then threw herself off the window ledge of the flat seconds later, Singapore police said on Sunday.

The body of the boy, Yap Soon Heng, dressed in a white shirt and pink pants, was found lying on a grass patch on Saturday while the maid, identified as Sulastri, landed in shrubs and palm trees about 5 meters away.

Soon Heng's parents had left him and Sulastri at hisgrandparents' flat earlier that day, neighbors told The Sunday Times. The couple, in their 30s, took their 3-year-old daughter out shopping.

Sources said Soon Heng was sleeping in the bedroom when Sulastri walked in and scooped him up into her arms.

She stood on a wooden stool and climbed out onto the window ledge, where she sat with the crying baby balanced precariously on her lap for at least five minutes before letting go of the boy.

"She was sitting there ... and kept turning her head back as if she was talking to someone inside the room," said John Chua, 43, an eyewitness.

"Suddenly, she just extended her arms out and let the baby slip from her hands," he was quoted as saying. "A while later, she pushed herself off the ledge with her hands."

He saw an elderly man, believed to be the child's grandfather, look down from the window.

Neighbors said they heard raised voices earlier in the day. Later the boy's grandmother started sobbing and screaming.

Sulastri had been working for the family for less than a year. (***)

ok. i got your message. i will discuss with my wife how we can arrange to have my MIL or parents to take care of my kid. thanks for the info.. really scary...