Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelAng

Window Film

Hi,

Firstly, I must state that I have no relation to this shop and do not have any shares in it.

I just happened to be a satisfied customer who just had this window film done.

I did windows for my 2 rooms + living + study room for a total of $680. I was quoted elsewhere around 1k.

The name of this vendor is Solarlight and is run by this couple who also do the instal themselves. It's quite well done and was rather quick.

The price range from 2 to 5.50 including installation. I chose the 5.50 one.

Is it effective? Well, i have a UV reader and a handheld temperature monitor. Before it reads 1.5 UV and 42degree at my window. Immediately after install at the single panel, UV is zero and temperature dropped to 37. Not too bad. Guess have to monitor.

If you guys any interest, you may contact them directly. The couple is Mr Tan and his wife is Karen. Their phone number is 90697099 and 92237758. I don't think they got a shop but the address they gave me is 621 Aljunied Road #04-02 Lipo Factory Building.

Let them know that Michael recommended them. Btw, I don't get any commission... just want to share a good lead.

Cheers

Michael

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Firstly, I must state that I have no relation to this shop and do not have any shares in it.

I just happened to be a satisfied customer who just had this window film done.

I did windows for my 2 rooms + living + study room for a total of $680. I was quoted elsewhere around 1k.

The name of this vendor is Solarlight and is run by this couple who also do the instal themselves. It's quite well done and was rather quick.

The price range from 2 to 5.50 including installation. I chose the 5.50 one.

Is it effective? Well, i have a UV reader and a handheld temperature monitor. Before it reads 1.5 UV and 42degree at my window. Immediately after install at the single panel, UV is zero and temperature dropped to 37. Not too bad. Guess have to monitor.

If you guys any interest, you may contact them directly. The couple is Mr Tan and his wife is Karen. Their phone number is 90697099 and 92237758. I don't think they got a shop but the address they gave me is 621 Aljunied Road #04-02 Lipo Factory Building.

Let them know that Michael recommended them. Btw, I don't get any commission... just want to share a good lead.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael, do you happen to know what brand is the solar film you installed? I'm wondering if there's a diff between the big brands and the small brands.

Hi Michael, do you happen to know what brand is the solar film you installed? I'm wondering if there's a diff between the big brands and the small brands.

Hi Bunnymummy, actually there's not much difference between big or small brands. Most big brands themselves don't manufacture film. They get from another party and OEM to their branding. Every brand have their own good grade films. Most importantly, its their workmanship and services that counts. There are many grades of films available, you have to select grades that cater to your needs.

Eg, if your rooms are facing west then you have to get those with high IR to reject the heat coming into your unit. And for the rest which are facing other directions, you can opt for reflective or coloured films.