Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nick28drag

Water Heaters - Storage Or Muti Point

Guys, please give your advice or opinions on this. A salesperson talk to me that storage heaters tend to rust in time... But nowadays multi point heaters is being used by people. Is this true? Let me know if you agree thanks in advance :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks@bro, I'll definitely think about it first... I was really planning on storage heater ariston, but that guy tell me multi point better and storage heaters outdated already... Thanks again...

Hi pal,

I dun know y the salesperson tell u that storage heater can rust wor.... :rolleyes: the tank/piping is made of copper/stainless steel i din know that these can rust wor..... :lol: sales talk huh.... :rolleyes:

Basically, mutli point is an instant heater only thing is that the wattage of the heating element is higher as compare to the normal instant heater.

the wattage is 4.5kW :jawdrop: The energy consume by the heater is also veri high.... :jawdrop::deal:

Yr pocket hole will also grow bigger hee :lol: :lol: :deal:

The wire for the supply may melt in time to come when it's always handling such high current.

Your circuit breaker may keep tripping if you switch to the max wattage.

The tank of the multi point is so small as compare to storage which can hold a larger amount of water.

Just think whether the small little tank can support multi area with hot water or not if both area is using.... heee... :)

So it's up to individual, balance it out when choosing.... whether storage heater cheaper in long run or multi point better?

if i'm not wrong the price tag of a storage heater is about the same or cheaper than a multi point.

Hope this helps ;)

:drunk: pal

Basically, mutli point is an instant heater only thing is that the wattage of the heating element is higher as compare to the normal instant heater.

the wattage is 4.5kW :jawdrop: The energy consume by the heater is also veri high.... :jawdrop::deal:

Yr pocket hole will also grow bigger hee :lol: :lol: :deal:

wah 4.5kw? :o btw i remember reading on HDB website that for old resales that has 30 Amp supply, maximum rating allowable for instant heater is 3kW :o (for storage heater is 1.5kW).

Regretted buying the Cornell Multi-purpose heater CIS-S100MP at $330. The heater leaked soon after it was installed, and we called the repairman to come and repair. Then after 8 months, the heater spoiled and we have to endure cold showers over the weekend while waiting for the repairman to come. After the repairman changed the heating element, there was hot water but the heater was leaking again! Very irritated by such over-priced lousy product!!!

Regretted buying the Cornell Multi-purpose heater CIS-S100MP at $330. The heater leaked soon after it was installed, and we called the repairman to come and repair. Then after 8 months, the heater spoiled and we have to endure cold showers over the weekend while waiting for the repairman to come. After the repairman changed the heating element, there was hot water but the heater was leaking again! Very irritated by such over-priced lousy product!!!

Irritated? Just replace it with a better make and model. Aint no point you go every thread to express your unhappiness!