Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wawaza

Need Help For My 4room Resale Flat Renovation.

To my fellow forumers,

Good evening to all of u. Here's my story......

I just got married a few months back n already got the keys to my newly bought resale flat. Initially both my wife n i wanted to rent out the house but due to some reasons we decided not to.. So we have decided to renovate n move in but surely things wont be that easy..n that is why i truly need help from all you nice chaps in here.

The flat i got is 103sqm, comes with arc doors for all rooms, has an indian altar in the storeroom made up of bricks n tiles, damaged grilles, windows, main gate n door. I dont have much cash to start with thats why i am thinking to go with a reno loan and i need advice on it.

Ive read and seen alot of 4room resale whole reno packages range from 18k-28k which mostly comes with the usual hacking and installation services but am puzzled by the much differ in costs. Which in anyway i dont think i need most of the services.

So do u guys think its better for me to take the 2 toilets n a kitchen package and then add works ie.

1. replacement of windows n grilles

2. replacement of gate n main door

3. hacking/removal of stone altar in storeroom

4. laying of laminated flooring in all rooms n living room

5. hacking of 2mx2m kitchen wall for open concept design

6. installing 3-way aircon system

Im not sure of the costs i would incur for all these works and installations and would need all the advice i can get.

I dont think i need an ID since the works are very straight forward right?

Any recommendatios of reliable contractors would surely be helpful.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thx guys.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To my fellow forumers,

Good evening to all of u. Here's my story......

I just got married a few months back n already got the keys to my newly bought resale flat. Initially both my wife n i wanted to rent out the house but due to some reasons we decided not to.. So we have decided to renovate n move in but surely things wont be that easy..n that is why i truly need help from all you nice chaps in here.

The flat i got is 103sqm, comes with arc doors for all rooms, has an indian altar in the storeroom made up of bricks n tiles, damaged grilles, windows, main gate n door. I dont have much cash to start with thats why i am thinking to go with a reno loan and i need advice on it.

Ive read and seen alot of 4room resale whole reno packages range from 18k-28k which mostly comes with the usual hacking and installation services but am puzzled by the much differ in costs. Which in anyway i dont think i need most of the services.

So do u guys think its better for me to take the 2 toilets n a kitchen package and then add works ie.

1. replacement of windows n grilles

2. replacement of gate n main door

3. hacking/removal of stone altar in storeroom

4. laying of laminated flooring in all rooms n living room

5. hacking of 2mx2m kitchen wall for open concept design

6. installing 3-way aircon system

Im not sure of the costs i would incur for all these works and installations and would need all the advice i can get.

I dont think i need an ID since the works are very straight forward right?

Any recommendatios of reliable contractors would surely be helpful.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thx guys.

Hi, me too recently just bought a very run down 3rn HDB (collected key on 20th, just started reno yesterday 21th. On very tight budget reno also. As for your case, if you are on tight budget too......perhaps if your window grille and window still can use, properly function then why not use it dont change. Entire house change window and grille smelly smelly also need $2k++, so u can save on this amount. Same go to your gate and door, if still funtionable then use it back, the most get reno contractor to paint it. Cos wrought iron grille gate + fire rated main door again smelly smelly $1.5k-$2k. Stone altar in store room? Dont bother lah, anyway is inside the store so why not leave with it first. U can place your parang parang on the stone altar ha ha, hey use white paint to paint over the brick wall.....very nice effect! If u intend to rent the house next time after stay for few years, forget about laminate floor, it does not last long. Plus your tenant wont help u to look after the flooring, so if existing floor tiles still good.....then keep it. Today i managed to learn that inverter aircon does not mean sure good, got to look at the power consumption rating. Me just bought a LG system 3 non-inverter aircon, power consumption rating is 1.76 as compare to the initial model that i want SAMSUNG inverter system 3 which power consumption is 1.8. By looking at the power consumption rating, you should know which one utilise less power. The LG cost $2099 and SAMSUNG cost $2699.....so save $500. Just a tips, if existingly u have aircon installed and wana change new aircon.....u can trade in the old aircon for $30-$50. Today my reno contractor offer me $30 for the old old system 2.

So basically i am only focusing on 2 toilets and kitchen (everything hack and do up again), whole house piping change, rewiring and painting. The rest just leave with it, what to do budget budget.

Regards,

Vincent Choy

thx for sharing vinchoy.

anyways decided not to reno yet cos am on a tight budget n dont wana burden myself with debts.

been to plenty IDs n was quoted roughly 24k-26k n mostly excluding electrical rewiring, air-con, sinks n toilet bowls etc etc etc

all in all i dont tink 30k wud be enuf siah lolxx....