Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleek

Our 2Nd Home Slightly Further West

tell your electrician you want to do opennet later on. then the electrician will lay a temporary cable from a hole to outside your house to where you want to have your TP. then when opennet is here, they will scotch tape the fiber optic cable to the temp cable and then pull the temp cable at the place you want the TP until the fiber optic cable is through.

i also not sure you understand what i mean. heheheeh....

Hahaha amazingly I think I know what you mean... I think....... :lol:

I will let my electrician know and see if what he says is the same as what you suggest. Else i'll be sure to post it here ;)

Thanks! :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hahaha amazingly I think I know what you mean... I think....... :lol:

I will let my electrician know and see if what he says is the same as what you suggest. Else i'll be sure to post it here ;)

Thanks! :good:

Haha...I see if I can post a picture of mine ;)

wah rao, enrico how come your pipe for opennet fiber is so BIG, looks like you can hoot someone with it! rofl.gifschizoid, sure np one la, seems like SOP for the electricians and they know what to do once you ask them to leave a casing for the opennet fiber optix. good.gif

wah rao, enrico how come your pipe for opennet fiber is so BIG, looks like you can hoot someone with it! rofl.gifschizoid, sure np one la, seems like SOP for the electricians and they know what to do once you ask them to leave a casing for the opennet fiber optix. good.gif

mine was neater cos it together with the rest of the cables for SCV, phone line, electrical cable etc.... so my electrician did not do a separate casing just for open net. that way, everything is as neat as possible, do not have casing everywhere for different things.

so when the open net contractor came, they have to be extra careful when pulling the cable, just in case it tangle up with the rest of the cables in the casing. hehehe.... :sport-smiley-018:

mine was neater cos it together with the rest of the cables for SCV, phone line, electrical cable etc.... so my electrician did not do a separate casing just for open net. that way, everything is as neat as possible, do not have casing everywhere for different things.

so when the open net contractor came, they have to be extra careful when pulling the cable, just in case it tangle up with the rest of the cables in the casing. hehehe.... :sport-smiley-018:

mine is similar to enrico but the empty trunking provided by my electricians is much smaller, maybe my previous photo is too small. the only thing is opennet had to extend it slightly down with their own teeny trunking.

photouv.jpg

Wah.. it really pays to be prepared. Else all the trunking all over the place. And the mess all over again... Brrrr....

Okay, my electrician is coming tomoro. Will ask him then. Thanks! :good:

mine is similar to enrico but the empty trunking provided by my electricians is much smaller, maybe my previous photo is too small. the only thing is opennet had to extend it slightly down with their own teeny trunking.

photouv.jpg

now i see your picture, Sleek, i can see 2 separate casing running side by side. one that are roundy and another is broad and flat. Mine is only the broad and flat which have all cables together in 1, incl my opennet.

don't know why its done this way since a few of you have separate for opennet? hhhmmm.... :dunno:

now i see your picture, Sleek, i can see 2 separate casing running side by side. one that are roundy and another is broad and flat. Mine is only the broad and flat which have all cables together in 1, incl my opennet.

don't know why its done this way since a few of you have separate for opennet? hhhmmm.... :dunno:

i also dont know why, maybe they dont want to mess up the running of the fiber optix with the other wires? anyway i dont mind as long as my false ceiling is not affected as all those trunking on that wall will be covered up by my TV 'wardrobe'! dribble.gif

Went up to my place on Wed 9th to kpo kpo and found out they were polishing the marble on that day so quickly took some boring shots and left as the whole house floor was taking a bath.gif! Went up again today to kpo again but quite boring as nothing much else has been done this week since we're waiting for carpentry, except for the laminate flooring platform in my master sleeping area. The laminate flooring for my mum's platform could not be done as there was 2 batches of laminates which resulted in a difference in tone so the installer called me today and told me she will let us choose again. Initially I was confused as to why we are using laminate flooring for the sleeping platforms and my reno guy said it costs the same for laminate flooring or carpentry laminate?!

Even though our platform is low, it is rather scary standing on it at the open bedroom window. My whole upper body is above the window ledge and I will be so glad when the grilles are fixed! jawdrop.gif

Some photos as usual,

1. Partial living room downlights. The switches for the right side will be hidden in the carpentry at the main entrance so we are unable to turn them on for now. Dont know why the clothes for my aircon has dropped, we tried to fix it back but couldnt reach the top ohmy.gif

2. Ceiling light for storeroom and both toilets.

img0190zg.jpg

1. Lights in my mum's room, hahah 2 tone cos 1 to see properly with, the other to hiao with! Love the crystal light reflections on the ceiling.

2. Pendant light in hallway to bedrooms, still covered up with styrofoam and plastic for protection!

img0191os.jpg

Edited by sleek

1. Master study area & sleeping area downlights. I think I might want to change the sleeping area to warm lights instead.

2. Laminate flooring sleeping platform and reflection of lights in the polished marble.

The long long wires hanging down right in the front of both shots are for the lights in the WIW area. laugh.gif

img0192ck.jpg

1. Laminate looks good enough to my untrained eye rolleyes.gif

2. Very UGLY like this. Is it too late to get them to paint the casing?! The electrician boss was nice enough to upgrade all my front panels to what I requested for instead of only some but now ohmy.gif

img0193bx.jpg

On monday, i was unable to be around to see them finally bring the carpentry up but my mum said there were 8 men and a house full of carpentry pieces. Yesterday went down to meet the curtain guy and door guy for measurements, discussions and decisions and saw there were 3 carpenters and 2 electricians - to fix those switches we requested to be done on carpentry. Carpentry in my mum's room was completed. The WIW in my master room was up except for the doors, they were putting the headboard together. The top and vanity cabinets in the master toilet were also fixed, now just waiting for the caeserstone counter top to be fixed plus my plumbing. The tall shoe cabinet and settee-shoe cabinet in balcony area was all done, except for the settee cushions. They were in the process of fixing the TV cabinet and today when we went down again, it has been finished except for the mirror pieces. Today 2, carpenters are there finishing the kitchen carpentry that was half done yesterday and whatever else.

Some previews of carpentry in progress, we're all super stoked!

Mum's room is completed. The low shelf is made of plywood and varnished/ lacquered as my mum likes the raw look.

img0304wm.jpg

Shoe cabinets at main door/ balcony. The last photo is of the shoe organiser from Ikea's Pax/ Komplement range that my mum thought of.

img0306mi.jpg

Master room (Left to right, top to bottom)

1. Can you tell by now how much I <3 all the crystal lights in the home. LOL at myself.

2. Right side of WIW which I will be using. Left side is for the husband. The reflection of the ladder on the left of the photo is from my toilet tiles.

3. From sleeping area looking to study table, WIW and toilet. They will paint the WIW backing to make it look like a wall as suggested by carpenter and reno guy instead of using laminates.

4. The KDK V56K & M11SU fans are up. No wobbling and very breezy, yay!

img0307cl.jpg

Kitchen (Left to right, top to bottom)

1. Miele came to install the washer and dryer last week and different people will come again to demo. No cabinets to house these or the rubbish chute as my mum refuses to have to open and close doors to access them. rolleyes.gif

2. Left side cabinets, dishwasher is sticking out awaiting the plumber to connect it before they push it in under the counter top

3. Right side cabinets, fridge will be on the right of it and then our dining table.

4. Managed to get these two Blum drawers complimentary from carpenter/ reno guy but they were not willing to give more *sad face*

img0308st.jpg

Woohooo... your renovation is progressing very well and faster than mine. Just completed the flooring yesterday and will be taking measurement for the carpentry works tomorrow :sport-smiley-004: Can't wait to see your finished product.