Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Limyw

Small Teenager'S Room

Hi, I have only recently come across this forum after buying my condo, and have found this a great resource for my ideas and information. Thanks! Perhaps I can tap on the forumners here to get some ideas for my teenager son's room in the top right hand corner of the floor plan below

daffodilfloorplanmay201.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

basically, he needs a bed (single or super single), wardrobe and desk. I have tried various combinations, but each has its drawbacks. my preference is some sort of combination furniture (eg desk with bed, or wardrobe with bed) so that there is more space, (and utilise the high ceiling since its 3m, but dont want it to be too "kiddish" such as loft beds with ladders. have seen some great ideas from websites which have beds built ontop of half height wardrobes and keen on this idea - wonder if there are any ready made ones? have also seen some desk/bed combos like "hiddenbed" or "hiddenwallbed", but not sure as the decor seems dated and the costs are rather high (upwards of $2.5k for single bed config)

some of the ideas I got from the web here

Compare.gif

MixOpenCloseWithFont.jpg

clei10.jpg

teen-bedroom-decorating-ideas16.jpg

anyone has had any experience using any of the above? I welcome any ideas from viewers here, or recommendations

tks

Edited by Limyw

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

another example

teenage-bedroom-ideas-furniture-colours-images1.jpg

I really like such designs where the wardrobe is below. are there carpenters who can do this you think?

Edited by Limyw

another example

teenage-bedroom-ideas-furniture-colours-images1.jpg

I really like such designs where the wardrobe is below. are there carpenters who can do this you think?

You might consider doing a mezzanine where the bed is above the wardrobe with a mini spiral staircase at the side for easy access to and fro?.

i remember seeing such systems before...behind safra those factories...

its not cheap...but it looks **** nice & functional..

you can try to go search around...

Hi limyw

I saw went to this shop along pasir panjang the other day, its Smootree. They brought in the space saving systems that you need for your family!
<Link removed>

fievel

Hi limyw

I saw went to this shop along pasir panjang the other day, its Smootree. They brought in the space saving systems that you need for your family!

www.smootree.sg!

fievel

yes been there. but v v ex!

Where did you get these designs? These are great especially this photo. There's a workplace, a sleeping place. Somehow it is complete.

basically did a search on google and came up with these

i used to have my bed over my desk, my room had a high ceiling as well, it did save a lot of space, however it wasn't very practical. It was hard to climb the stairs every time i needed a rest, the same applies to hidden beds. I would rather go for a beautiful design that integrates the bed and the other furniture in the same place without hidden features