Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stardust205

Run Cable From Scv Port

Hihi,

Anyone tried on your own, to run a cable from the SCV pt in living hall.. to another room?

If I connect the cable directly from the port without using a splitter at the SCV box, does that mean the data transfer rate won't be compromised?

I also intend to use the 'Belden rigid coaxial cables (black color)' which Starhub contractor uses.

Cuz it would costs $130 to engage Starhub appointed contractor for the installation. Wanna save some $..

Any advice? Thanks!

Edited by stardust205

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hihi,

Anyone tried on your own, to run a cable from the SCV pt in living hall.. to another room?

If I connect the cable directly from the port without using a splitter at the SCV box, does that mean the data transfer rate won't be compromised?

I also intend to use the 'Belden rigid coaxial cables (black color)' which Starhub contractor uses.

Cuz it would costs $130 to engage Starhub appointed contractor for the installation. Wanna save some $..

Any advice? Thanks!

My regular electrician only does that at $100. anyway you can just connect the cable directly to the port at one end unless the point is no longer in use. it should works just fine as for data transfer.

Thanks wwz. I'll do just that. :yamseng:

My regular electrician only does that at $100. anyway you can just connect the cable directly to the port at one end unless the point is no longer in use. it should works just fine as for data transfer.