Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maoshu

Bad Experience With Modlighting

I recently purchased some lamps from ModLighting at East Coast Road for my client. It was a regrettable decision because the service was appalling.

1) The staff , despite being very friendly, took no responsibility to ensure that their electrician who did the installation was capable and reasonable. They basically installed lights which could not work with dimmer switches without even letting me know of the problem. All they wanted to do was to install the lights and leave. A normal electrician with basic work ethics would look at the switch, look at the lamp & at least highlight that the lights would not work with the switches , and advise a change, but NO, they merely wanted to install every light i chose, & leave. That means more costs incurred because I had to beg them to take the lights down and allow me to exchange them (which would not otherwise have been too difficult if the lights were not yet fixed & used)

2) the shop had no clear indication of the pricing of the lights, so every price quoted basically depended on how much the staff wanted to quote (except for some on discount) . this became really annoying because when i requested to exchange the lights, they could basically ask for any price they wanted for the new lights that i chose, of course I was at their mercy because i needed an exchange of lights that should not even have been put up onto the ceiling in the first place!

3) I made an appointment with them at 11am, they arrived at 9 am and because the flat was vacant & they had the password, they entered the flat without notifying me, and installed the lights i have changed. They didnt even have the courtesy to inform me and only when i arrived at 11am, & called them did they say they they did installation at 9am. So i could not pay them on the spot & told them that i would have take some time to write a cheque & drop it into a bank account as instructed by them and they had the cheek to scold me for not being able to make it at 9am & bombard me with a heap of rude smses.

Overall, this is a company that gives awful service with rude staff who do not give two hoots about their customers if their customers have paid them in full & have orders that are not too pricey.

I will never ever return to them again despite their convenient location. Rubbish service !

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation