Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xroad

Contractor You Should Be Careful Of

Hi all, I am gonna tell you the **** my contractor put me through. But to be fair, i am giving them 1 more week to redeem themselves. After that I will let it all out. Including the ID firms which engage this contractor.

See you all and will update you soon. SO far work is delayed 1 mth and counting....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi.. this kind of 1-post account, not much credibility. This forum is full of 1-post accounts. If you want to vent something truthfully, provide more details, pictures etc.

I'm surprised you joined for more than 3yrs didn't even contribute anything, 1st post is to scold someone.. hehe

Let me share first,

Do not engage this carpenter,

Ah beng 97660072, Yuan Li Furniture Decoration.

Personally I used him because his price is quite reasonable, however a lot of screw up issues.

1) 2 different groups of workers, Group A cannot touch up for Group B and vice versa.

2) Very clumsy workers, provided you don't mind your cabinets come with a lot of scratches.

and many more...... If want to know, feel free to contact me. Because it serve no purpose to bad mouth so much about him.

In short, he is a man who don't honour his words.

And his stupid company is registered in malaysia, no protection(Small claim tribunal also cannot help you) if you are in singapore.

WATCH OUT!

since you already know his company is register in Malaysia.

When you engage his service, you should already had this awareness.

USE at your own risk

Hey there, you are not alone. I pay a total of 57K for my 5-room renovation and I am in great pain now.

The contractor I engaged is Akron Interior‏ Furnishing. My kitchen cabinet is done by his partner company D& B Interior Design & Renovation. My ID name is Albert and he only shows his face initially and disappeared half-way because he screwed up in laying the network cables and lighting. So I only deal with the D & B Interior & renovation guy name ah Boon. He is totally irresponsible and did not supervise the work through out.

I am sharing the defects list and photos below:

Cabinets come with a lot of scratches and internal cabinet skin torn but touch up with paint.

dsc01259x.th.jpg

dsc01251gz.th.jpg

dsc01267hb.th.jpg

Uneven shelving and bad alignment, all shelves are with multiple raw holes from error drilling

All Cabinets’ doors are uneven

dsc01252lm.th.jpg

Kitchen Island solid surface full of scratches and uneven edges

Island bottom are not cover up and leave 2 big holes

Kitchen Floor uneven (Puddle of Water) – refuse to change

Kitchen tiling chip-off and cover up with paint

dsc01275x.th.jpg

Kitchen windows tiling - chip-off (refuse to change)

Master Bedroom toilet Wall (oil stain) – never use chemical wash and refuse to rectify

Master Bedroom waste pipe box up edges drop used silicon

More than 3 Balcony tiling are hollow – refuse to rectify

Balcony full-size Windows leaking and bad water drainage –Used silicon but still not resolved

Balcony tilings are full of silicon mark

Balcony pipe box up cabinet internal skin torn and tear badly; again touch up with paint Balcony false ceiling cracked and try to seal up with silicon silicon to touch up

More than 2 Room tiling are hollow – refuse to rectify

Glass Panel Door **** room fixed the screw wrongly and uses a translucent sticker on the glass trying to cover up

Uneven Bi-folded door edge that will cut hand

Edited by Dotty8

It seems that it doesn't allow me to upload more photos... in my previous post...

trying to post more here....

Uneven shelving and bad alignment, all shelves are with multiple raw holes from error drilling

dsc01250yo.th.jpg

dsc01270k.th.jpg

dsc01271b.th.jpg

dsc01272bn.th.jpg

dsc01273k.th.jpg

Edited by Dotty8

Kitchen Island solid surface full of scratches and uneven edges

dsc01255z.th.jpg

Kitchen tiling chip-off and cover up with paint

dsc01275x.th.jpg

dsc01264pl.th.jpg

Kitchen windows tiling - chip-off (refuse to change)

dsc01265z.th.jpg

Balcony full-size Windows leaking and bad water drainage –Used silicon but still not resolved

dsc01246l.th.jpg

dsc01248or.th.jpg

Balcony tilings are full of silicon mark

dsc01247to.th.jpg

Balcony false ceiling cracked due to force on assembly the cabinet and try to seal up with silicon

dsc01249v.th.jpg

Edited by Dotty8

Dotty8,

I really felt how you feel because i am in your situation too.

All i can say is now the renovation standard not like last time. Currently, Contractors/ID only look at quantity and NOT QUALITY! They want to do as many as possible even if they cannot cope, they still accept.

Hi, i am looking for reliable carpenter with good track record and workmanship to do my kitchen and vanities in the master and common toilets....

Hi, i am looking for reliable carpenter with good track record and workmanship to do my kitchen and vanities in the master and common toilets....

reliable carpenter with good track record does not come cheap.

hey taichipanda, sounds like you know some good carpenter. care to recommend some contacts?

got a lousy kitchen job done 3 yrs back that is leaking and rotten.