Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
user123

Is Stand Alone Portable Aircon Good?

Hi,

I have no way to add another unit to my new additional room. only choice I have is portable aircon.

Which is better, those window casement aircon or those portable (with a huge exhaust tube)?

I understand that both are 7000BTU.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i bought a small portable one (like a size of a mini fridge) from NTUC, which need to put ice cubes into a tray so that the air from blower will be cooling. i must say it's a waste of $$$.

unless u r referring to those big heavy duty (like a big kitchen fridge size) one which i have seen a lot of shopping using in China (Guangzhou & Shen Zhen), they are very powerful and colling. but i dunno how much it costs in SG here. and the electricity consumption is also scary.

by the way, off topic a while, did u engage Leef Deco for your reno? i couldn't find ur t-blog. my brother & sis-in-law is about to sign with them, and i wish to find out more about the reno work. If not convenient to share here, you can PM me. Many thanks.

Edited by steelze

i bought a small portable one (like a size of a mini fridge) from NTUC, which need to put ice cubes into a tray so that the air from blower will be cooling. i must say it's a waste of $$$.

unless u r referring to those big heavy duty (like a big kitchen fridge size) one which i have seen a lot of shopping using in China (Guangzhou & Shen Zhen), they are very powerful and colling. but i dunno how much it costs in SG here. and the electricity consumption is also scary.

by the way, off topic a while, did u engage Leef Deco for your reno? i couldn't find ur t-blog. my brother & sis-in-law is about to sign with them, and i wish to find out more about the reno work. If not convenient to share here, you can PM me. Many thanks.

Thanks for the sharing...

I don't have a T-blog... But I will share with you my experience with Leef Decor thru PM.

Hi,

I have no way to add another unit to my new additional room. only choice I have is portable aircon.

Which is better, those window casement aircon or those portable (with a huge exhaust tube)?

I understand that both are 7000BTU.

Using one for my bedroom, brand is EuroAce. IS good enough to cool the entire room, only prob is noisy, but is tolerable, I use everynight.

I don't have a T-blog... But I will share with you my experience with Leef Decor thru PM.

Can share with me on Leef Decor? was about to engage them too. :P

Hi,

Can share your experience? good or average?

Expensive or not cos got budget la.

Thanks

We aso engaged Leef Deco.

Quotation is reasonable. can ask for free items. :D

Renovation started last week of Oct.

So far, ok. My ID is responsive and easy to talk to.

He is accomodating even off hours or sundays. So bad of me leh calling him anytime i have questions.

He send me 3D drawing everytime I want to change something.

But still long way to go.

Will see.

Hi, i hv left you a short message.

Would appreciate your sharing too!

may i ask those people using trend portable air-conditioner, what the monthly pub bill? is it energy saving?

cos carrefour have portable air-conditioner no water tank required first 30 customers per day at $269.

may i ask those people using trend portable air-conditioner, what the monthly pub bill? is it energy saving?

cos carrefour have portable air-conditioner no water tank required first 30 customers per day at $269.

Just bought a portable aircon from G*** City. The salesman promised me that the installation guy will know what he is doing. For my case, the technician doesnt know how to install.

This is my situation: Mine is sliding window. The panel that holds the portable aircon tube is drilled adjacent to one of the window panels, i.e. my window will not be able to shut fully.

Gosh, I only realised after the installation that rain can enter into the tube.

Can someone with portable aircon and sliding window how you do the tubing?

Thanks in advance...