Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kisetsu

Qtn: Clearing Of Debris & Haulage Fees

Hi hi to the forumers here. I'm new to Renotalk and just currently started my search to look for an ID.

I am abit puzzled. My quotation rec'd from an ID include the cost of clearing debris/haulage fees. We do not intend to do hacking of walls or any dismantling of the fixtures, why is the fee included as one of the works? Ours is a premium BTO flat and is new, so majority is only fixing up, not throwing away. Are we being 'conned' by the ID?

I will be checking with other IDs soon, just want to know if this cost is really a fixed component in every quotation.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi hi to the forumers here. I'm new to Renotalk and just currently started my search to look for an ID.

I am abit puzzled. My quotation rec'd from an ID include the cost of clearing debris/haulage fees. We do not intend to do hacking of walls or any dismantling of the fixtures, why is the fee included as one of the works? Ours is a premium BTO flat and is new, so majority is only fixing up, not throwing away. Are we being 'conned' by the ID?

I will be checking with other IDs soon, just want to know if this cost is really a fixed component in every quotation.

Thanks.

i also have this problem... tell them see what ID say... contractor will b easier to nego i think

i also have this problem... tell them see what ID say... contractor will b easier to nego i think

Yes, I will be looking into other IDs and compare the quotes. But sadly we are thinking of engaging IDs instead of contractors so that it will be easier to manage.

I rem I went before n the quote includes this too, if I rem correctly is those debris from HDB? I can't rem what she say but I find it weird too!

Edited by w3ngal

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Themes/HDB/view-results.asp?mesid=5461230&iscfp=&selectedcategory=&from=ask&folderid=0&projectid=7875909&reaskpage=answer.asp&recordquestion=&returnurl=%2Fifaq.asp%3Ftopfaqs%3D0%26n%3D0%26category%3D60665

• Q:Do I have to pay for a renovation permit?
    [ Living in HDB Flats > Getting Approval For Your Renovation ]

• A:No. HDB does not charge flat owners any fees for renovation permits. However, as part of your renovations, you will need to ensure that the debris is cleared away. Some Town Councils provide haulage and debris removal services which you need to pay for when you apply for your renovation permit.

http://askhdb.hdb.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Themes/HDB/view-results.asp?mesid=5461230&iscfp=&selectedcategory=&from=ask&folderid=0&projectid=7875909&reaskpage=answer.asp&recordquestion=&returnurl=%2Fifaq.asp%3Ftopfaqs%3D0%26n%3D0%26category%3D60665

• Q:Do I have to pay for a renovation permit?
    [ Living in HDB Flats > Getting Approval For Your Renovation ]

• A:No. HDB does not charge flat owners any fees for renovation permits. However, as part of your renovations, you will need to ensure that the debris is cleared away. Some Town Councils provide haulage and debris removal services which you need to pay for when you apply for your renovation permit.

Yes, I read on the debris clearing and haulage issue, but I was thinking since I didn't hack anything, there won't be any debris. So was wondering any others who renovated their flats without paying this fee.

I rem I went before n the quote includes this too, if I rem correctly is those debris from HDB? I can't rem what she say but I find it weird too!

I send requests to a few IDs and not many responds to me. I hope to meet up with a few more to get their quotation. Seems slow. I will update if I have new findings.