Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heim

Renovating Is Never Easy :((

With the structural wall and extended storeroom, then those areas cannot hack already. You might wanna do a counter then from the structural wall to the common toilet. For common toilet, why don't you want to maintain the two doors opening to the room corridor and service balcony?

Your unit is in Toh Guan area?

Yep if i extend the storeroom then those areas cannot be hacked - either i opt for the current storeroom + half walls with glass on the current kitchen opening or extended storeroom (cabinet with mirrors, tic-tac type)

Yesss near IMM

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry, but can you tell me the price for your unit? Recently I just focus on TOH GUAN and try to buy an EA unit near there. I just knew form my agent it should be above $700. it is really expensive! :o

the tall unit at the left hand side looks a bit weird to me. Maybe because of the colour contradiction.

Edited by whisper

the tall unit at the left hand side looks a bit weird to me. Maybe because of the colour contradiction.

my sentiment exactly! hmm gotta cover it up because of the ugly pipes :(

Wonderful layout u have! Extend the storeroom with tic tac door would be good idea. What abt the study? Make glass wall too to look into living room?

Enjoy your Reno progress! Would be fun!

my sentiment exactly! hmm gotta cover it up because of the ugly pipes :(

You covering pipes with cabinet? That's a bit ex. Why not just box it up and paint it?

@May --- thanks! :rolleyes: the tic tac door will look like this

dining.jpg

Study room.. not going to have glass wall instead we opt for glass panel door.. something like this

31-Blair-Road-by-Ong-Ong-1.jpg

as for kitchen, i still don't know how to pull it together, if i hack away the wall between kitchen and service balcony then my cabinet will look odd with the covered pipes. if i do not remove the wall my kitchen will look dark and gloomy but the pipes are well hidden :dunno:

photo-2.jpg

Edited by heim

Just my comment, glass tic tac looks nice but then cos glass is heavy then the door will start to sink or have problem opening after a while.

But the study is ok if u only have clear glass door. Hehe....

As for kitchen, can Andrew give better suggestion?

Why not change the cabinet colors so the contrast isn't so big? The other thing that makes the cabinet on the left obvious is cos of the depth. Possible to flush the depth to the upper cabinet height from the countertop height upwards? So it could be white which could be less obvious than the brown in the 3d. You could use the little ledge created to put cooking stuff... Or use the box up for decoration. Like put in small shelves for condiments or cans like restaurant displays, or pics or other decor.

Edited by adidaem

srry such a delayed reply. i've been so busy with the reno and packing.. zin tired le

@adidaem - thanks for great ideas!

@may - hehe thanks! meeting andrew next 2 weeks for 3d drawing

will post the final drawings soon.

before: our search for our humble abode didn't last long, I don't even remember how we ended up looking at ea, but it is true when they say that location really trumps everything else! We've got a pretty great deal. COV is reasonably low although the front door facing is not favorable but who knows we'll love that house and it'll love us back!

394005_10150452613521237_531951236_8961573_773752561_n.jpg

391016_10150452615731237_531951236_8961576_49144286_n.jpg

Edited by heim