Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nevergiveup

Cozy Retro Pad

Hi,

I am new to this forum but have benefitted in various ways through the months. Just my way of giving back as I find more time to pen my thoughts after the renovation.

First off.

A Summary of stores, shops and firms to avoid

Restore - a place off Tg Pagar road selling restored furniture from the 60s etc

Comments - poor service, rubber timelines, unprofessional and expensive. furniture are delivered improperly packaged and with defects. Do thoroughly check if you do still intend to purchase their items. Frankly, there are other stores that are more focused on actually sourcing for furniture than Restore. I would describe them as hobbyists who aren't serious furniture sellers.

Lush - a place off Tai Seng selling chair replicas.

Comments - Initial good experience gave way to bad service in the end. Different information were given on different days. Even though a discount was supposed to end on Monday, we found them advertising the same discount one week later. If you like fabric upholstery, you will find limited options colourwise, and texture wise.

Brands that WILL disappoint

KOLM - Sink Taps - rusts

Kohler - Bathroom Faucets and Shower systems - leaks

Lucia - WC - backflow issues!

Electrolux Hobs - the height of the metal struts supporting the placement of pots is too high, water takes forever to boil.

Brands that won't disappoint

Panasonic - lighting

GE - lighting energy saving warm lights

Fisher & Paykel - Fridge

Joven - Water heater

Samsung - LED TVs

Edited by nevergiveup

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation