Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dgal

Notice letter

Another friend in another IT firm just kenna the same from the boss today. No warning letter of "poor performance" (excuse from direct boss), but direct boss suddenly called staff into the room. Given the "you don't have to come to work from tomorrow onwards, resign or be terminated" threat. Details still sketchy, hope my friend at least get the rightfully deserved "notice period" pay-off and all of last year's leave accured but unconsumed. !!

In case anyone needs help, here's Labour Relations Department's e-Appointment Booking System.

Quote from the site: "This tool allows you to book a 30-min appointment slot to consult our Advisory Officer at the Ministry of Manpower on issues relating to the Employment Act (eg. termination of contract, salary payment, hours of work etc)".

Note: You are still covered by the Employment Act even if your pay is above $1.6k/month as long as officially you do not have "hire/fire" power at work. It helped me, once I knew my rights, I knew how to "fight" for my money back !!

or is it better to be terminated or resigned? i m little confused..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request