Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JanK

My Biggest Purchase...my Home

This forum has helped me gain lots of knowledge and I thought it's time to share with all on my reno progress.

First of all, my floor plan.

FloorPlan1_01.jpg

Using Floorplanner, I came up with the following.

floorplan2_01.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Reno works started in October...there were long delays due to HDB slow response in rectifying the defects. Those getting BTOs, be prepared to wait more than 2 weeks for rectifying of defects.

Capetry works are all done up. Hoping to take more pics and will upload soon.

First item in the house...Citygas Gas heater. Wanted to have hot water in both bathrooms and realised that maybe...the gas heater would be a better choice. Save on electricity bill..hehe...

Installed in service yard. Free installation by Citygas!

P1000329.jpg

First coat painting started before the air-con trunking was up. Followed by tiling works.

P1000321.jpg

P1000360.jpg

P1000337.jpg

And to my shock....I realised that no protection cover was laid! This is how my flooring looks like after trunking works.

ZR115.jpg

It was toooo late by the time I found out... Scratches on the timber flooring... Very Heart-pain.

However, the brighter side of it is that my wonderful ID said he will settle the issue and varnish the flooring for me.

I expect it to be FOC since it was their negligence.

Hi^^ JanK congratulation to be first few batch to get keys, from ur kitchen tile, the hateful service yard pipes and ur timber door I quite positive we r from th same pc of field hehe. Me ur next block ^^

Hi^^ JanK congratulation to be first few batch to get keys, from ur kitchen tile, the hateful service yard pipes and ur timber door I quite positive we r from th same pc of field hehe. Me ur next block ^^

Hi Pinkwhale, saw ur t-blog's recent uploaded pics of ur place... yes, indeed, we are from the same area!Right right...how I hate the 2 s**t pipes too.

Hopefully our reno works all go smoothly.

First item in the house...Citygas Gas heater. Wanted to have hot water in both bathrooms and realised that maybe...the gas heater would be a better choice. Save on electricity bill..hehe...

Installed in service yard. Free installation by Citygas!

P1000329.jpg

Hi Jank,

From what I can see, your hot water pipe runs through the service yard before going into the common toilet? Quite a long distance right?

May I know how much were you charged for the installation of the hot/cold water pipes?

Thanks and regards.

Hi Jank,

From what I can see, your hot water pipe runs through the service yard before going into the common toilet? Quite a long distance right?

May I know how much were you charged for the installation of the hot/cold water pipes?

Thanks and regards.

Hi Martinish,

It was the Citygas worker who suggested that corner. He managed to convince my ID and I with his 'theory'. But I can't remember what he said (wasnt listening actually) :) The length of service yard is abt 2.7m.

As this is a BTO flat, the water pipes are already there. I heard that for those flats without hot water pipes, owner have to engage own plumber to do it.

Window grilles up for service yard.

Am very surprised when the worker told me that my window opening is not 'straight', hence the gap between the wall and window grille.

Look at the top of the window grille and notice that the gap gets wider towards the right.

Y30.jpg

My lightings are all very simple ones to prevent dust collection and make it easier to clean.

Living room/Dining Room

P1000590.jpg

Bedroom- The LED lights at the border changes colours. Very cool.

P1000541.jpg

Service yard- Important to get water-proof lighting in case rain comes in.

P1000557.jpg