Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ncsl999

Cck 5I Plats

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ah, my toilet is in the kitchen. Cannot hack somemore. :(

How's the progress now? Can still HO by 26 Dec?

Reno progress delayed due to false ceiling issue at the living & dinning area. The stupid ceiling is lower by 3inches .. than other areas of the house, hence after the false ceiling is up the whole living & dinning is so much lower than the rest of the place.. so now got a unbalance view from the living to study and kitchen.

As I have done most of the layout sketches myself .. which includes all the 'Needs" of all the family members. Below are the changes:

1. I will be hacking away the store room to give more space to the MBR.

2. Mother inlaw says Toilet inside Kitchen no good for feng shui. Anyway we have overcome this problem by create a false wall using hollow block to separate the kitchen area from the toilet.

I will posting only manual drawn skecthes as my contractor cum ID does not provide 3D. So we have just imagine hard... god help us :) hee hee

Ah, my toilet is in the kitchen. Cannot hack somemore. :(

How's the progress now? Can still HO by 26 Dec?

Hi Reine,

Well the same issue for me on the toilet as I did try to change the door entrance however the only opening it can be change to .. is into the master bedroom.. so no way... hence we choose another way in to create a hollow block wall to separate the toilet out from the kitchen but this has shrunk my kitchen space.. as initially my kitchen size is even bigger than master bedroom...I will uploaded my amended floor plan .. so that u can have an idea.

it separated by half way hollow block and there rest is glass.

Floorrevised7.jpg

As for the HO date .. no man .. like to be end Dec if not cross over to 1st week of Jan 2012. The problem is due to my wood flooring and also my lumiere wardrobe installation date being 31st Dec.. all the slots are full booked.

So do you have a blog?

Maybe I can have a look and exchange some ideas to help you .. coz I spoken to so many designers abt this same issue (on the toilet).

ncsl999 :paint:

Edited by ncsl999

Getting ready for Kitchen (drawer system) BLUM tandem box plus

well .. anyone who is interested in getting BLUM .. pls go to Kiang Sing Hong Hardware Suppliers Upper Bukit Timad Road) they are Blum retailer. Look for Mr. Ang or Ah boy as they provide much better advice and service than BLUM South East Asia at Ubi Avenue 4. The only person I like in the Blum showroom is Kevin (he is super) however he is not always there.

Kiang Sing Hong Hardware Suppliers

Address:828 Upper Bukit Timah Road,

Singapore 678155, Singapore

Phone: +65-67600365,

+65-67632955

Fax: +65-67622246

Opening Hours:

Mon - Fri: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sat: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Sun & Pub: Closed

So ultimately i got all my BLUM stuff from KSH.. very good service & $$

Progress for reno week 8, so far the place is still no where near for move-in :bangwall: . The painting is done and TV console is up, still pending for the plumber to wait install my WC, basin and the accessories..

One issue came up was our master bedroom teak wood flooring, there are areas where the wood expanded and it pop up abit.. making the floor pretty uneven. I have call the floor guys, they came and fix .. by replacing the wood strip and also apply glue again. According to them, this happen because the wood expanded and will not happen again after this fix. Does anyone have any similar experience to share?

I m waiting for the LED lights hee hee .. X mas coming this weekend.

Merry X'Mas and Happy New Year all renotalk members.

Edited by ncsl999

Back from the Christmas break, reno progress into week 9 - kitchen cabinet still pending installation and plumber is now installing the WC, wash basin & shower mixer. We missed out the bracket for the bath mixer as our dear HDB does not allow conceal water pipes.. so we need brackets to install to hold the mixer.

Tonight need to go urgent hunt for my toilet wall lights...

More updates: Reno Week 11:

Lvingroom : Paint touchup, the big round pendant light was bought at Ligthing Center Balestier, this is a designer light name Elgo Oxana, very expensive SGD$5XX.

DSC06767.jpg

All the lights installed

Common Toilet Lights: 3W LED light, bought at BL Singapore for SGD95 - add 323 Balestier Road, was served by Sean Tee as he very nice, he even helped found some black patches in our dinning light which was bought elsewhere.. so we could immediately go back for exchange.

DSC06766.jpg

Rooms: Flooring final coat:

DSC06742.jpg

DSC06758.jpg

All the house lights are LEDs except for the dinning light and fan lights.

Edited by ncsl999