Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chling

Can Cut Kitchen Cement Solid Surface?

I wanna change the kitchen sink and hob but retain the solid surface top and bottom cabinets. Realised that the solid surface top is supported by concrete. The concrete top is actually one whole big piece runs at the top of the cabinet.

Is it possible to cut the concrete and solid surface so that I can fit a bigger sink and hob into the holes? Anybody have contacts or advice greatly appreciated.

Attached pics

Kitchen Sink top view

kitchensink1b.jpg

Kitchen Sink bottom view

kitchensink2.jpg

Kitchen Hob top view

kitchenhob1.jpg

Kitchen Hob bottom view

kitchenhob3.jpg

Edited by chling

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Usually the hole is cut in factory using heavy duty machine cutter, i dont think there is any portable cutter able to do that. You can try call your solid top provider to see if they offer such service. It is not a cheap service, maybe no one will do it due to the fact that they need to completely remove the solid top and transport it back to their factory. The damage done to your kitchen cabinet and the backsplash who is bearing the responsibility?

Usually the hole is cut in factory using heavy duty machine cutter, i dont think there is any portable cutter able to do that. You can try call your solid top provider to see if they offer such service. It is not a cheap service, maybe no one will do it due to the fact that they need to completely remove the solid top and transport it back to their factory. The damage done to your kitchen cabinet and the backsplash who is bearing the responsibility?

Thanks albertchng...i was hoping there could be people who can cut on the spot. The concrete frame supporting the solid top have to be cut too..if have to dismantle the solid top, then it's probably not feasible as the concrete frame is cannot be removed, which means cannot be cut...

looks like no choice other than to redo the whole solid counter top n bottom cabinets...

Thanks albertchng...i was hoping there could be people who can cut on the spot. The concrete frame supporting the solid top have to be cut too..if have to dismantle the solid top, then it's probably not feasible as the concrete frame is cannot be removed, which means cannot be cut...

looks like no choice other than to redo the whole solid counter top n bottom cabinets...

I dont know what is the reason for you to change sink and hob.

A little suggestion for you; source for a good size sink (currently using Suter sink), a good hob (i recommend Rinnai RB-3CG or RB-2CG), quartz from CaesarStone or SilesStone on a good solid build cabinet with quality laminate, good trimming and full blum system. It can last you a long long time.

I dont know what is the reason for you to change sink and hob.

A little suggestion for you; source for a good size sink (currently using Suter sink), a good hob (i recommend Rinnai RB-3CG or RB-2CG), quartz from CaesarStone or SilesStone on a good solid build cabinet with quality laminate, good trimming and full blum system. It can last you a long long time.

The current sink and hob are quite worn out already so we thought of changing it together with our reno of the house. Surface top wise, we have to make sure it matches back with the existing solid surface top at the other part of the kitchen so not much choice I guess...yah considering the Rinnai RB-2CG for our hob...the inner flame thingy quite intriguing..

Is White Piano Gloss 1mm from jennings considered a gd quality laminate for the kitchen cabinets? We will be doing soft-closing blum hinges....not sure what other blum system to put in place for bottom cabinets? Can recommend? Thanks!