Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gayamantra

Affordable Furniture?

Hi Folks,

I am intending to get the following for my new home and I am wondering which would be a good place to go look at.

I visited Courts and found that their prices are way marked up but of cos they have quality and I guess they are pretty reliable too.

I need the following:

1. 3+2 Sofa

2. Dining table (rosewood or solid wood)

3. Wardrobe

Someone recommended Novena to me and I read a bad review about them on the net. Anyone has experience with Novena to share? Any other good furniture shops to check out?

Appreciate the advice!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Over the years i've buy furniture and my experiences tell me the following :

Quality comes with a price. Do not expect inexpensive means will last longer. If you insist on inexpensive products, tell yourself that less than 2-3 years prepare to change or buy a new set.

If in forum, you read company A is no good, do not go further. After all, it is your money.

Now let's return to your questions below

a) 3+2 Sofa - read up the forum and ask yourself what kind of leather you want. REmember cheap "leather" only last less than 2 years and don't complain. Shop with your eyes open ! (different from marriage) :-)

b) dining table - i usually go for teak wood. You can custom made it . Suggest that you take photos of the design you like and ask wood experts to customize it.

c) same as dining table.

Read the forums about Novena furniture. I wish I'd listened and learned from everyone else's horror stories. Now I have my own horror story. Avoid!