Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aristotle

Ez's Humble Abode

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your renovation is so cool. I'm also thinking of having a solid surface bar table extending from the kitchen.

Can I know whether your design is a open concept kitchen that has no glass divider between living room/kitchen?

We are all so into the open kitchen concept coz it will make our 3-room looks more spacious, but scare will regret later. E.g. smell and oil spread to living/sofa when cooking.

What do you think of this?? Maybe you can share with us whether it's practical or not.

Can you share more picture on the dining - kitchen?? So interested the see the look after you've move in, if you don't mind. :-)

Edited by ashleyspace

hey ashley.

Mine's the open concept. We seldom or rather haven't cook at home yet so having no glass divider is fine for us.

If your family cooks on a daily basis, it's advisable to have a glass divider or a very strong hood.

hey ashley.

Mine's the open concept. We seldom or rather haven't cook at home yet so having no glass divider is fine for us.

If your family cooks on a daily basis, it's advisable to have a glass divider or a very strong hood.

We don't cook on daily basis also. So the final decision is to go for open concept, as this is what we really wanted from the beginning. Renovation just started... :-)

Saw you are you are using the 2 burner hob, is it a vitro-ceramic or induction hob?

We are thinking to buy the 2 burner Ariston vitro-ceramic hobs also, but not sure will it have any problem e.g. trip the electric when both burner is used at the same time(2900W). Was told by the sales-person only 13 amps plug is needed for this hob, but not sure will have any headache later on the electrical loading. I think best to get advice from someone already using it before.

can you post the finalised drawing of the plan that your ID did? We just got my 3 room NG also and we are thinking of the practicality of knocking down the partition between both toilets.. what if you and your visitor both need to use toilet at the same time leh?

We don't cook on daily basis also. So the final decision is to go for open concept, as this is what we really wanted from the beginning. Renovation just started... :-)

Saw you are you are using the 2 burner hob, is it a vitro-ceramic or induction hob?

We are thinking to buy the 2 burner Ariston vitro-ceramic hobs also, but not sure will it have any problem e.g. trip the electric when both burner is used at the same time(2900W). Was told by the sales-person only 13 amps plug is needed for this hob, but not sure will have any headache later on the electrical loading. I think best to get advice from someone already using it before.

I'm using the Ariston 2 burner as well. I was told that it doesn't need the 13A plug. Normal one would do. I've on both concurrently before and it doesn't trip.

can you post the finalised drawing of the plan that your ID did? We just got my 3 room NG also and we are thinking of the practicality of knocking down the partition between both toilets.. what if you and your visitor both need to use toilet at the same time leh?

Fortunately, never happened before. :sport-smiley-018:

After delaying for more than a year, we decided to do up the common room into a work cum entertainment room.

List of things bought:

1) 2 x Ikea GALANT Corner Desk in black-brown:

IkeaGalant.jpg

2) 2 x Ikea MALKOLM Swivel Chair in black-fabric

IkeaMalkom.jpg

3) 1 x Ikea EXPEDIT Bookcase in black

IkeaExpedit.jpg

4) 3 x BoConcept Lotus Pendant in black porcelain socket and red fabric cable

Bo.jpg

More to come.

Keep watching this space....