Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueCrystal

Driveway Automatic Gate Not Working Again

One side of my swing driveway automatic gate stop working last year February time. The repair man said the motor was spoiled and it was repaired. After that only about 6 months, it had problem again. First, the same side cannot be fully opened. No it can be only opened a little bit. Every time, I need to manually push it to open fully.

I called the vendor Lam International who provided the gate and did the repair last time. They told me to get repair again but with only 2 month warranty. Somehow I believe that it will be spoil again soon after repairing it

Do I have to repair and pay about $250 every half a year for the gate?

Should I change the motor to new one? Will it be better that I will not need to repair it for at least 5 years?

Should I change the only spoiled side or whole system? The gate including iron and wood is still in very good condition.

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It has nothing to do with the gate but the motor system. We changed to a new autogate system when we first moved in. And for 4 1/2 years, it was repaired for at least 5 times. The problems included:

- One side not closed properly and had to adjust the timing for proper closing

- Motor spoiled (each side changed at different times)

- Wire got cut off (by a bird?)

Also, there is a limited number of times for opening and closing. If your gate opens and closes very often, it definitely shortens the lifespan of the system.

I have my automatic gate installed for the last 10 years with no problem. Mine is a sliding gate though. Changed it when I first moved in and have not caused me any problems. But it may also be due to the maintenance contract I have, they send men to maintain it regularly so it doesn't break down although its quite old.

Got it from Rahardja Engineering & Construction.

Did a search and this should be them:

http://autogate.kellyscentral.com/about-us/