Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thedottyness

2+3 - Our 2Nd Home

Another round of meeting with Contractor

Finally chosen all our laminates.. and confirm the build-ins in order to start carpentry works... *SIGH* My contractor is super disorganized. Good thing he has his wife keeping him on track and giving him the occasional 8|

e1b7c8a1.jpg

It's nice to see our balcony flushed to the living.. and the roof is FINALLY going to go up. zz

84b8283b.jpg

We also decided to build some ledges in the shower area versus buying bathroom accessories which tend to fall apart within the year.

bc097b12.jpg

d2051051.jpg

We are suppose to choose paint colours at the moment.. Can't quite decide if I should leave the kids room alone or make them colourful!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi dotty, I prefer built in ledges as well for bathrooms cos it'll complement with the same tiled etc but I can't do tat! Co mine is new BTO with gas pipe laid all inside the tiles already. All the contractors/ID I met with don't advised doing that as it might cause gas leakage.

Oh well..

More pics from u pls!

Maybe my technical terms not right but mine is the citygas heater type with in-built pipes laid in. So to "cut" the ledges in, it might b dangerous

Maybe my technical terms not right but mine is the citygas heater type with in-built pipes laid in. So to "cut" the ledges in, it might b dangerous

for the ledge, no need to cut into the wall. its just cemented onto the existing tiles.

for the ledge, no need to cut into the wall. its just cemented onto the existing tiles.

applepie.. as per May_dream1 says, it is cemented onto the existing tiles. we requested this at the very last stage of the tiling works.

Dotty, ur tiler actually didn't tile that gap meant for the ledge right and cement the ledge on it? I asked my hb, he said cos our BTO came w the tiles for bathroom, so to do the ledge, have to cut away that area of tiles otherwise ren of cemented the ledge will not hold.

Dotty, ur tiler actually didn't tile that gap meant for the ledge right and cement the ledge on it? I asked my hb, he said cos our BTO came w the tiles for bathroom, so to do the ledge, have to cut away that area of tiles otherwise ren of cemented the ledge will not hold.

Apple pie, the ledge is cemented unto the tiles, not cut away to expose cement then tiled on the cement. Meaning, after all the wall tiles are done, then only add the ledge against the finished tiles. So whether BTO or resale, it's the same. BTO have tiles, the ledge are added by cement onto the existing tiles. For resale, all wall tiles are done then only add the ledge. No cutting of tiles.... No leaving part of wall tiles bare then add the ledge onto the bare wall.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say. And it would hold cos how heavy can your toiletries be? I have 4 big bottles of shampoo and conditioner (each 1 liter) plus facial wash, facial scrub etc etc with total of 12 bottles, and nothing happen to my ledge. The tiler even show me how he press hard on the ledge but still hold. So not to worry, it would hold!

Maydream, thanks for explaining! Nw I think I know y.. Cos we asked for a bigger ledge, which is actually a sit-in area under the shower n also to use the same place for shampoo holding.. So if it's just to b cemented it might not b able to take the weight, that's y must "cut" in the tiles. Sorry, noob on this.. Cos I leave all to hubby!

Maydream, thanks for explaining! Nw I think I know y.. Cos we asked for a bigger ledge, which is actually a sit-in area under the shower n also to use the same place for shampoo holding.. So if it's just to b cemented it might not b able to take the weight, that's y must "cut" in the tiles. Sorry, noob on this.. Cos I leave all to hubby!

You mean a seater? A seater from floor then even better more secure.... Use some hollow block and built it. Hehe... But if just to put shampoo then I think very easy to do. Hope your ID can do it.

Entering Week 4 of Renovation

As we enter week 4 of the renovations, little progress is seen being made from week 3. We had another meeting with the contractor and wife (his wife works with him). He is super disorganized, he needs his wife to keep him straight. Progress so far, wet works was finally completed at Week 3. Roof structure and roof tiling at balcony was done up too and there wasn't any visible leaks. ROFL~ Not that we really checked after the rainy days.

Plumbing pipes are up but not all the sanitary wares are installed.. *Sigh* Carpenter came yesterday to take measurements... More modifications were done due to the funny kitchen layout. *Gah*

4b091047.jpg

Current on-going works: False ceiling (partition works), plastering and painting.

Future works (in no order): Carpentry, installation of lights/fans, polishing of parquet, installation of stairs handrail, grills, curtain making... etc etc etc.

Mood: Sian. When will the house be ready?! I am already 36+ weeks pregnant! Baby on the way! Move it! Move it! Move it!

Mood: Sian. When will the house be ready?! I am already 36+ weeks pregnant! Baby on the way! Move it! Move it! Move it!

don't be sian... just hope that they will do it quickly for you in next 2 weeks then you will be able to move in just before giving birth. if you stress, then the earlier the baby will want to come out. so relax..... keep calm.....

don't be sian... just hope that they will do it quickly for you in next 2 weeks then you will be able to move in just before giving birth. if you stress, then the earlier the baby will want to come out. so relax..... keep calm.....

Lol. Don't think can move in before giving birth. Trying to keep calm~~~~~.

Thanks!

Edited by thedottyness