Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thedottyness

2+3 - Our 2Nd Home

As our family grows.. We decided we needed more space! So when we chanced upon this EM, we decided to "GRAB" as it was really like our dream home... It was in original condition (25+ yrs ago kind of reno), 2nd highest unit in the block, corner and the plus point - can buy recess area!!!

Here's our floor plan for starters..

6880952835_367bf253fa.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

we haven get the keys yet and the seller's wife is a little OCD about people visiting her house. All we have is what they posted for the sale of the unit.. heh..

yea.. it's a huge overhaul.. with the exception of the upper floor parquet(if no problems) all must go

Just FYI, marble = my husband.

actually if we (or rather me) aren't fussy and OK with the old fashion stuff.. we could have saved a bunch of $$$ as the condition of the place is really good. doesn't seem like it is 25+ yrs old. seems like 10+ instead.

HOWEVER, we choose an EM with the intention of hacking away ALL (or most) of the flooring and what-nots for long term stay. this was the ONLY unit we saw.. and decided to really get it as it really fit all our criteria while looking for a place.

what was intended to be a long hunt.... turned out to be a really really really short one. :P

Todo..

Hacking

1. Lower floor

a. Living Room Floor

b. Kitchen Floor

c. Kitchen Tiles

d. Kitchen Cabinets(everything)

e. Toilet (everything) + door

f. Sliding door to balcony

g. Balcony floor

h. Sliding door to Utility

i. Utility Room floor

j. Windows (All)

k. Main Gate + door

l. Rubbish chute cover

2. Upper Floor

a. Wardrobes

b. Toilets (both, everything) + door

c. Railings (inc stairs)

d. Windows (All)

e. Doors (All)

Wet Works

1. Level balcony and living room

2. Install roof at balcony

3. Install roof at recess area

4. Install main door/gate at recess area

5. Install new staircase railings

6. Lay new living (homo/marble), recess area (woodtalk) and utility room floor tiles (Homogenous)

7. Water proofing for kitchen and toilets

8. Lay new kitchen floor (woodtalk) and wall tiles

9. Cement kerb for fridge, washing machine and kitchen cabinets

10. Change water pipes for entire house.

11. Build storage area under staircase

12. Sand/polish upper floor + staircase

13. Plaster and Paint the entire house

Fittings

1. Install new kitchen cabinets

2. Install glass sliding door for entrance to kitchen from living room

3. Install new windows and grills

4. Install bifold door for lower floor toilet

5. Install frosted glass door in MBR toilet

6. Install nyatoh doors for all rooms and upper floor common toilet

7. Install wardrobe in master bedroom

8. System 3/4 Aircon in bedrooms (Daikin)

9. System 2 Aircon in living/dining (Daikin)

10. Install storage heater for upper floor toilets

11. Install instant heater for lower floor toilet

Optional (depends on condition)

1. Hack upper floor and staircase

2. Lay new timber strips

Electricals

1. Rewire entire house

2. Install/relocate opennet to near tv point in living room

3. Install tv point in MBR

4. Install 2 ethernet points in MBR and 1 eternet point in each bedroom to the living room TV point

5. Install at least 4 power points in each bedroom and 8 in MBR.

6. Install at least 10 power points in kitchen

Furnishings

1. Fisher and Paykel Vertical Refrigerator 451L & Vertical Freezer 389L

2. TV(46" in living and 37" in MBR)

3. Simple blue ray player (same brand as TV)

4. Dining Table + 6 Chairs

Congrats on getting an EM. Where is this place? U r so lucky to get the corner unit. With the recess area, I think the area is about 158sqm?

Renovating an EM will certainly require a big budget if overhaul......all the best!

Congrats on getting an EM. Where is this place? U r so lucky to get the corner unit. With the recess area, I think the area is about 158sqm?

Renovating an EM will certainly require a big budget if overhaul......all the best!

Thanks!

This is in Bedok South. Erm.. the other units in the block is 146 sqm and from the floor plan another 7 sqm. so 153 i think.. not 158 so big.. heh..

Yea.. this reno is gonna be very extensive as you can see from the list..

we haven get the keys yet and the seller's wife is a little OCD about people visiting her house. All we have is what they posted for the sale of the unit.. heh..

yea.. it's a huge overhaul.. with the exception of the upper floor parquet(if no problems) all must go

No problem, do take some photo if there's any chance.

You have save alot of time house hunting, getting any fsm to audit the place?

Thanks!

This is in Bedok South. Erm.. the other units in the block is 146 sqm and from the floor plan another 7 sqm. so 153 i think.. not 158 so big.. heh..

Yea.. this reno is gonna be very extensive as you can see from the list..

Wah 7 sqm for your recess area which can be converted into a useful foyer or space for shoe rack and other purposes:) u r so lucky!

Edited by potatoes

No problem, do take some photo if there's any chance.

You have save alot of time house hunting, getting any fsm to audit the place?

Dont have keys to the house yet.. only have some photos that were posted up by the buyer for the sale of the house..

Yea, i guess i'll be getting someone to audit? but will take it with a pinch of salt as well i guess? i mean functionality over fsm =X

Things in the house should have a workflow a way of doing things that feels smooth..

Wah 7 sqm for your recess area which can be converted into a useful foyer or space for shoe rack and other purposes:) u r so lucky!

yea very lucky.. thats why first unit we view buy liao.. and at a high COV too.. some things like privacy cant be priced i guess..

yea very lucky.. thats why first unit we view buy liao.. and at a high COV too.. some things like privacy cant be priced i guess..

Yes.... I agree. No funny people looking thru' ur corridor windows :)

We decided to start shopping early as I am pregnant with our no. 3 and will deliver really close to the renovation period or just right after so we really had to get start looking early.

I have been eying this dining table for the longest time because it fulfills a few of my requirements.. It has to be wooden legs (no steel for me), no sharp ages as we've got 3 young children and most importantly no pedestal style legs.. as from previous experience I found it really hard to fit 8 or more adults in a steamboat session.

curvetable-1.jpg

AIR was still having their CNY promo when we went there.. the table was 30% off! so we decided to grab it and put down the delivery date for early Aug (yes, u are reading this right! AUGUST).

diningtable.jpg

however, after spending a *bomb* on this, i no longer have budget for my beautiful Hans Wegner's elbow chair replicas from Lorgan's. *sobx*

congrats to u! i was also expectin my no.2 when i got an EM near my mum house. i have 2 girls, how abt u?

how high is ur whole block?

congrats to u! i was also expectin my no.2 when i got an EM near my mum house. i have 2 girls, how abt u?

how high is ur whole block?

i have two girls too! lol.. expecting a boy this time round. (or rather the doc thinks its a boy)

my whole block is about 12 stories for EM and on the 13th floor there's a hidden EA unit there.