Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
thedottyness

2+3 - Our 2Nd Home

thanksss.... budget burst liao. hahahaha.. almost to the point of contemplating ikea chairs for the table.

will try to post up more pics soon.

Perhaps u may want to focus on the reno of the place first, furnishing can always add in later when u have more $$$. We all have many wants, but limited resources.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Perhaps u may want to focus on the reno of the place first, furnishing can always add in later when u have more $$$. We all have many wants, but limited resources.

Reno more or less there liao, wont change that significantly also, thats why we looking at furnishing liao..

Thanks!

This is in Bedok South. Erm.. the other units in the block is 146 sqm and from the floor plan another 7 sqm. so 153 i think.. not 158 so big.. heh..

Yea.. this reno is gonna be very extensive as you can see from the list..

Hi marble, think we will be neighbor. I OTP an EA same area as well. 1st appt 20th Mar 2012 :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Owner already purchase the Recess area.

If your current owner have not purchase the recess area, you might want to call HDB to check if you are allow to buy over the recess area. Both agent (buyer & seller) told me I'm lucky that current owner already bought the recess area as HDB have stop selling recess area liao. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/bb31/ispm055p.nsf/ResaleProcedures?OpenForm

you might want to check item 5. give them a ring to confirm.

All the best in your reno ; )

Edited by battle

Hi marble, think we will be neighbor. I OTP an EA same area as well. 1st appt 20th Mar 2012 :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Owner already purchase the Recess area.

If your current owner have not purchase the recess area, you might want to call HDB to check if you are allow to buy over the recess area. Both agent (buyer & seller) told me I'm lucky that current owner already bought the recess area as HDB have stop selling recess area liao. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/bb31/ispm055p.nsf/ResaleProcedures?OpenForm

you might want to check item 5. give them a ring to confirm.

All the best in your reno ; )

That need to wait for HLE to exercise the OTP before we can ask HDB i guess. My MOP 2 more days!

Finally submitted hle and have them process it. Don't think can finish everything plus Reno before end of July.

If ask for early reno anything to take note??

All the best in your reno :sport-smiley-004:

When are you expecting to collect key ?

I need the HLE to submit my OTP. from what i see 3 mths from submission of OTP? which will be mid june?

Hope the sellers can let us reno early.

Been a long day..

First to Hup Kiong to confirm my tiles.. Finally sorted out the hardest part of tile selection.. all the infinite possibilities for the TOILET!!

Once that is out of the way, it's furnishing hunting time again.. We went first to grafunkt but no inspiration there..

Then we hopped over next door to whitewood and we both saw a sofa we quite like, simple, leather not too fancy 3 seater. But the missus says still should see some more first..

Then to Ho Kee to bio the granite sink... Which we learn that is now $555 with tap.. while considering we went to hupfarri to take a look. Other than it looking nice n shiny with a stealth shadowing sales assistant we got no feel there leh. So.. i guess no business for them from us..

Then back to Ho Kee again to get the sink + tap.. Speaking of which, the shop really has a good foreign talent, the china sales assistant. He went the extra mile to open a brand new Fujioh hood for us to take a look and even demonstrated the features of the set to us. Even when we did not commit to buy he was still professional.. What astonished me was that he has very good technical knowledge of the products as all the OTHER sales assistants are bugging him on various queries, from sink to hood to the inner plastic part of a shower holder(dunno what the customer kping about looks ok to me). Kudos to him!

Will get my wife to post the pictures.. =)

On Sat.. We went to Hup Kiong to re-"select" our tiles.. My Hubs think the multiple selections is due to me having "pregnancy brains".. XD

Here's some of our confirmed selection..

Living + Dining + Balcony (balcony will be flushed with the living)

a72d9a43.jpg

MBR Toilet

9812e2bc.jpg

Kitchen Flooring (my fav. of the lot)

5a3766e4.jpg

Upstairs Common Toilet's Mosaic (also normally known as the Kids toilet)

1c879171.jpg

Upstairs Common Toilet's White Wall Tiles

kidstoiletO.jpg

Some random notes on the tiles selection....

* living + dining + balcony - We (more of my Hubs) initially wanted marble flooring for these areas.. However, I wasn't keen on it. With 3 kids, maintenance is going to be a b*tch of a headache if someone spills something and decides not to tell. RAWRS! So we (more of I) decided to go for a lookalike..

* recess area tiles - it will be from the same series as my kitchen floor tiles (ergon woodtalk tiles) but in another colour. i forgot to take a snapshot of it.. but here's a pic i screenshot from the catalog. =P

recessareatiles2.png

* kitchen floor tiles - I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS! :dribble: I can't help but keep stroking it each time I see it. hahaha! i've also attached a screen shot of its "full effect" from the catalog.

kitchenfloorinspiration.png

I realised I didn't take photos of my two common toilet floor tiles, my kitchen's subway wall tiles and the small toilet wall tiles.. XD Oh well...

Our initial Kids toilet design was the colourful mosaic.. Which I couldn't live with.. So we compromised (the hubs did grudgingly) to this baby blue-grey ones. =P

Some random notes on the tiles selection....

* living + dining + balcony - We (more of my Hubs) initially wanted marble flooring for these areas.. However, I wasn't keen on it. With 3 kids, maintenance is going to be a b*tch of a headache if someone spills something and decides not to tell. RAWRS! So we (more of I) decided to go for a lookalike..

* recess area tiles - it will be from the same series as my kitchen floor tiles (ergon woodtalk tiles) but in another colour. i forgot to take a snapshot of it.. but here's a pic i screenshot from the catalog. =P

recessareatiles2.png

* kitchen floor tiles - I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS! :dribble: I can't help but keep stroking it each time I see it. hahaha! i've also attached a screen shot of its "full effect" from the catalog.

kitchenfloorinspiration.png

I realised I didn't take photos of my two common toilet floor tiles, my kitchen's subway wall tiles and the small toilet wall tiles.. XD Oh well...

Our initial Kids toilet design was the colourful mosaic.. Which I couldn't live with.. So we compromised (the hubs did grudgingly) to this baby blue-grey ones. =P

I like ur kitchen tiles too!!! Itz a tile rite? Not those timber parquet all those rite? Tiles these days r juz so awesome!! Haa

I like ur kitchen tiles too!!! Itz a tile rite? Not those timber parquet all those rite? Tiles these days r juz so awesome!! Haa

yes~ its a tile.

its amazing.. it's even textured like wood!!

U dint choose marble flooring? It is very pretty but costly. I agree maintenc is xiong if u hav no maid. Granite is cheaper n low maintence

U dint choose marble flooring? It is very pretty but costly. I agree maintenc is xiong if u hav no maid. Granite is cheaper n low maintence

i've got a maid.. but i've also got 3 kids too.. so i prefer to keep my house low maintenance as much as possible.. XD

I decided to go with Blanco sinks this time round.. Our first visit to Hoe Kee (IMM) was really a so-so experience. The sales people were trailing us constantly, when you say you are only browsing, they would just walk off and not give you any attention. So we decided to try the other Hoe Kee we went to 5 yrs ago at Genting Road, we even saw the same old uncle who served us then! When I saw this sink, I was hooked and the price was cheaper than the Franke sink combos I saw at Royal Franco.

98d07cbf.jpg

edd0e402.jpg

CLOSE UP SHOT!!! Hopefully I will not regret this Granite sink.

ecf05198.jpg

Edited by thedottyness