Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Strawbeari

Roman Delicooker

Hello everyone, recently my HTB and I saw the demo for Roman Delicooker at Expo and it seems like something suitable for us. Low maintenance as it seemed in general and quick to heat up.

We are not heavy cookers and future MIL will be using it most of the time and she will mainly cook only dinner every other day.

I would like to get more feedback from people who installed at their home and used it. :) since I feel that the pricing is a lot more compared to those normal stainless stain hob I would like to know more about it.

Please share with me your experience/review with the cooker? :D Thank you very much.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello everyone, recently my HTB and I saw the demo for Roman Delicooker at Expo and it seems like something suitable for us. Low maintenance as it seemed in general and quick to heat up.

We are not heavy cookers and future MIL will be using it most of the time and she will mainly cook only dinner every other day.

I would like to get more feedback from people who installed at their home and used it. :) since I feel that the pricing is a lot more compared to those normal stainless stain hob I would like to know more about it.

Please share with me your experience/review with the cooker? :D Thank you very much.

Their demo shown that its very fast to heat up as the cooker has been on for hours. so the ceramic plate are already hot. but if you are trying to on it before you start cooking, then it does take a while for it to heat up. but once its heated, then its very easy to continue using it (ie, if you just cook vege, then you use back the same side to cook chicken, then its very easy to heat up). And the heat last for a while, so if you need to keep your cook warm, then it does last for longer than gas cooker.

what i like about it:

1) no gas so can use fan while cooking

2) can keep food warmer longer

3) timer to set how long i need the soup to be boiled without worrying it will dry up the soup like gas cooker

4) looks nice and sleek on kitchen top

5) can use any type of pans, pots, woks (if its flat bottom). Even Happycall pan can be used. but if you use induction, happycall cannot be used.

what i don't like:

1) Electricity more ex than gas

2) takes a long time to heat up initially (so cook maggi mee takes more than 2 mins)

3) a bit expensive compared to induction cooker

some ppl don't like their food do not have "wok hei", especially older generation.

Their demo shown that its very fast to heat up as the cooker has been on for hours. so the ceramic plate are already hot. but if you are trying to on it before you start cooking, then it does take a while for it to heat up. but once its heated, then its very easy to continue using it (ie, if you just cook vege, then you use back the same side to cook chicken, then its very easy to heat up). And the heat last for a while, so if you need to keep your cook warm, then it does last for longer than gas cooker.

what i like about it:

1) no gas so can use fan while cooking

2) can keep food warmer longer

3) timer to set how long i need the soup to be boiled without worrying it will dry up the soup like gas cooker

4) looks nice and sleek on kitchen top

5) can use any type of pans, pots, woks (if its flat bottom). Even Happycall pan can be used. but if you use induction, happycall cannot be used.

what i don't like:

1) Electricity more ex than gas

2) takes a long time to heat up initially (so cook maggi mee takes more than 2 mins)

3) a bit expensive compared to induction cooker

some ppl don't like their food do not have "wok hei", especially older generation.

Hello May_dream1 Thank you for sharing your view, they are very clear. :D

May I know how long had you been using it?

Do you have an idea how much more is your electricity bills when you use this?

So would you recommend it to me?

Sorry, a lot of questions. ^^;

Ya with offer it's still 1.3k+ so I find it pricey. But looking at how the demo show can toast break, heat up food easily with just the mesh.. etc it is really tempting. plus a can use a lot of different pots pans on it.

I will be going to the showroom again with mil to show her how it's like and probably look more into the part where you say it takes awhile to heat up also. :) you have a good point also the point about when cooking second dish, it will still be hot.

We are not too particular with using wok or not so it's a safe point for us. even mil is converting to using deeper frying pans now. ^^

Edited by Strawbeari

Hello May_dream1 Thank you for sharing your view, they are very clear. :D

May I know how long had you been using it?

Do you have an idea how much more is your electricity bills when you use this?

So would you recommend it to me?

Sorry, a lot of questions. ^^;

Ya with offer it's still 1.3k+ so I find it pricey. But looking at how the demo show can toast break, heat up food easily with just the mesh.. etc it is really tempting. plus a can use a lot of different pots pans on it.

I will be going to the showroom again with mil to show her how it's like and probably look more into the part where you say it takes awhile to heat up also. :) you have a good point also the point about when cooking second dish, it will still be hot.

We are not too particular with using wok or not so it's a safe point for us. even mil is converting to using deeper frying pans now. ^^

I don't know how much more electricity i incurred after using it cos my electric bill went up from $60 (in 3 room flat) to $100 (in 4 room flat) after i moved... but it can come from bigger fridge, bigger tv, oven baking and also the delicooker. so i can't really say where cost the higher bill....

yes, it can do a lot of things at the demo... but mostly i just use it to cook normally... not for toasting... but i did heat up before. :) the most satisfying is i can use all different type of pots and pans etc.... i am using work but the bottom is flat type.. been using that on gas cooker previously and now i can still use it for delicooker.

i would still recommend it if you want the convenient.... :)

I see. Ya lor a bit hard to calculate also.

What I like most is when the sales person ask us to sit in front of the hob and he on it. We can feel the heat from the hob but just as immediately as he place the pan on it I don't feel the heat coming out any more. O.o

Also when they fried the wet franks the oil don't splatter much too. I hate frying because of oil splattering. What do you think about this part? :D

I see. Ya lor a bit hard to calculate also.

What I like most is when the sales person ask us to sit in front of the hob and he on it. We can feel the heat from the hob but just as immediately as he place the pan on it I don't feel the heat coming out any more. O.o

Also when they fried the wet franks the oil don't splatter much too. I hate frying because of oil splattering. What do you think about this part? :D

first of all, if you seen the pic of my kitchen, i have open kitchen. so i don't deep fry... and secondly, i am using happycall, so i will close my pan when i fry with a little oil... hehehehe.. so can't tell you whether it works that way.

my suggestion, buy happycall pan!

Edited by May_dream1

I went to google happycall pan. Hohoho like very good to use leh XD just flip pan over can Liao. Where you buy yours and how much? :D

i got it from a supplier i know. you can get it from gmarket. but if you live near me, then i can get for you.... its cheaper as he sell to me cheaper than gmarket (62.90 at gmarket and he sold to me at 56). but if i get for you then send to you, then its not worth for me to do it....

One of the main reason I don't like is while you ON the Delicooker, you can feel the heat from the cooker. If you use induction cooker, when you ON it and didn't put anything on top of it, it won't have any heat, if you put your hand on it also won't hurt. But Delicooker will hurt.

Imagine your child accidentally goes touch the red colored ring... :o

Edited by albertchng

One of the main reason I don't like is while you ON the Delicooker, you can feel the heat from the cooker. If you use induction cooker, when you ON it and didn't put anything on top of it, it won't have any heat, if you put your hand on it also won't hurt. But Delicooker will hurt.

Imagine your child accidentally goes touch the red colored

ring... :o

Agree that is e only setback for delicooker. Other than that I feel that it is better than induction as it doesn't contain radiation, can use any wok or pot to cook.

Btw .... I realise I have some round stain but it seems is inside as surface nO stain. AnyOne experience this??

Totally agree Happycall is compliment delicooker well as I also have open kitchen.