Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I won't recommend Edgeline Planners too.

Overall works are ok, but I just don't like the delays and the inexperience of the "designer" who is more like an untrained coordinator. She does not really know the details but puts up an outlook of confidence - I can understand that, but she has to at least do her homework to understand how the jobs should be sequenced before committing to deadlines and answering my questions.

It is apparent that Edgeline uses inexperienced "designers".

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Discoburg,

OMG so sorry to hear about your bad experience.

This firm come highly recommended by my friend and was one of my shortlisted ID.

I heard their prices is also quite high because their carpentry is of high quality. I better re-think if I want to use them.

I am so sick of searching for an ID :(

Carpentry is definitely not of any quality. My kitchen cabinet, shoe cabinet and toilet vanity top changed a few times. Spooted the problems and the ID dare tell me carpentry like that one. Machiam i first time house owner and 1st time do renovation.

Just imagine when the kitchen, shoe and vanity top doors are closed, you can see the interior through the gaps from a distance and its is ok and its like that one. Phui!

Discoburg,

OMG so sorry to hear about your bad experience.

This firm come highly recommended by my friend and was one of my shortlisted ID.

I heard their prices is also quite high because their carpentry is of high quality. I better re-think if I want to use them.

I am so sick of searching for an ID :(

Edited by discoburg

Carpentry is definitely not of any quality. My kitchen cabinet, shoe cabinet and toilet vanity top changed a few times. Spooted the problems and the ID dare tell me carpentry like that one. Machiam i first time house owner and 1st time do renovation.

Just imagine when the kitchen, shoe and vanity top doors are closed, you can see the interior through the gaps from a distance and its is ok and its like that one. Phui!

Goodness even Ike* has better quality carpentry :D

Only can see the gaps after a few months of usage.....

Hi,

I approached Edgeline recently for a quote, and was assigned Jay.

Does anyone have feedback on her services, as well as that of Edgeline in general? Some of the feedback here are from some time back, and I'm wondering if they have improved. Thanks!!

I won't recommend Edgeline Planners too.

Overall works are ok, but I just don't like the delays and the inexperience of the "designer" who is more like an untrained coordinator. She does not really know the details but puts up an outlook of confidence - I can understand that, but she has to at least do her homework to understand how the jobs should be sequenced before committing to deadlines and answering my questions.

It is apparent that Edgeline uses inexperienced "designers".

Was recommended by someone to Edgeline Planners (and yes to Irene). Any advice from bro/sis here whom had use them? What you think of their pricing, can they meet schedule and co-ord everything (including electrical/wiring/change air-con, curtains, lights, furniture etc.etc.) Any views?

I have recently, very unfortunately, signed up with Edgeline Planners.

Their designs are good initially and prices generally on the high side.

But, I was under the impression they are a good workmanship firm and appears to be fair in their business dealings (prior to signing the contract) - I signed up with them.

After the contract was signed, they started to say the quotation presented was not what was really proposed to us.

To achieve the full design intent, we have to pay for more money for more stuffs.

Any variation orders that is outside the contract scope cost a big bomb, and disproportionately much more expensive than what is originally quoted in the contract for similar items.

I am just wondering what options I have now. Going to third parties contractors for additional VO items are possible but it would be (i) liasing with third parties separately, (ii) creating avenues for Edgeline to further dispute any defects in future since there are third parties involved now, (iii) potential mismatch in design since we will be getting third party contractors involved.

Suggestions and comments most welcomed.

Did anyone have experience with Edgeline Planners before ?

People who have experience(s) with them, care to put in your comments and share your experiences on the same ?

Thanks.

I have recently, very unfortunately, signed up with Edgeline Planners.

Their designs are good initially and prices generally on the high side.

But, I was under the impression they are a good workmanship firm and appears to be fair in their business dealings (prior to signing the contract) - I signed up with them.

After the contract was signed, they started to say the quotation presented was not what was really proposed to us.

To achieve the full design intent, we have to pay for more money for more stuffs.

Any variation orders that is outside the contract scope cost a big bomb, and disproportionately much more expensive than what is originally quoted in the contract for similar items.

I am just wondering what options I have now. Going to third parties contractors for additional VO items are possible but it would be (i) liasing with third parties separately, (ii) creating avenues for Edgeline to further dispute any defects in future since there are third parties involved now, (iii) potential mismatch in design since we will be getting third party contractors involved.

Suggestions and comments most welcomed.

Still stuck. Any suggestions most welcomed. sighss...

i went to them before early last year and the id who serves me gave me ideas whichare nice but not practical. if you are rich and you like those ideas, maybe you can go ahead. lol

Did anyone have experience with Edgeline Planners before ?

People who have experience(s) with them, care to put in your comments and share your experiences on the same ?

Thanks.

Anyone have any experience (good and bad feedbacks welcomed) with Edgeline Planners ?

Will be helpful if fellow forummers can share their experiences on them for my reference.

Thanks.

Anyone have any experience (good and bad feedbacks welcomed) with Edgeline Planners ?

Will be helpful if fellow forummers can share their experiences on them for my reference.

Thanks.

I am new and almost never post anything. But in this case, let me share.

IMHO, avoid Edgeline Planners like a highly infectious incurable disease!

If you have time to go Small Claims courts for hearing (which I did and ultimately got compensated), then this is your pick. Dont repeat my mistake and think its honorable/gentlemanly to pay upon the handover (which they will press). Take at least 2-3 days to check for defects. Once, you paid the balance, your emails/requests will too, be avoided like a highly infectious incurable disease. :bangwall:

PS. Evidence can be provided upon request. Just PM me.

Edited by threadstone