Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dracwy

Towards A Dream Bathroom...

today is the first day of the renovation of my MBR bathroom. took leave to oversee the first day and to instruct contractor what i want. extremely noisy and dirty. well, that's the price to pay towards a dream bathroom.

have been contemplating renovating the bathroom since the shower area floor tiles became eroded. thanks to the "smart" developer who used compressed marble tiles, which cannot be exposed to water for long. water will seep into the tiles and slowly erode them. developer said we should clean up and wipe dry our bathroom tiles after using. how logical!!!! hmpphhh.

below are pics of the old bathroom, looks really nice in the pics, cos eroded floor tiles not very visible.

DSC03771.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

will be hacking everything, including bathtub, cos absolutely no use for it. only used it a few times right after moving in.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

looking forward to your bathroom reno journey!!

care to share how much is your quotation to renovate 1 bathroom only?

I'm thinking to renovate my both bathrooms

designed the new bathroom layout myself, drew out my idea (even with dimensions!), obtained wife's approval, and then went about hunting for contractors/IDs to do it.

bathroom-1.jpg

bathroom-3.jpg

also hunted around many overseas websites and bought many stuffs online, including a beautiful glass mosaic copper vessel sink, and an interesting-looking faucet.

8068_l.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

after discussing with ID who gave very valuable suggestions, i changed a bit of my idea for practical reasons, e.g. using cabinets rather than "open concept" or drawers under the vanity sink.

Edited by dracwy

below are the 3D imaging of the new bathroom. i didn't think they have a template pic for the sink & faucet. :)

all 3D pics below are copyright property of D'Trenzo Design. :)

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

hacking in progress... super noisy & dusty. can smell all the concrete dust in the air... :bangwall:

DSC03773.jpg

there goes the redundant bathtub!

DSC03772.jpg

looking forward to your bathroom reno journey!!

care to share how much is your quotation to renovate 1 bathroom only?

I'm thinking to renovate my both bathrooms

hi vhardono! i'm gonna spend about [edited out due to commercial reasons] on the reno, excluding accessories. yeah, it may seem a bit pricey, but i chose quartz vanity top and other pricey stuffs. :P

wife didnt think the reno is necessary, but the bathroom is my sanctuary after a long day's work.

to me, it's the second-most important place in the house (second to the bedroom). i spend time there taking shower and relaxing, that's why i designed it myself, according to what i would like to see after coming back from work.

vhardono: tried sending u a PM for the costs, but u cannot receive PMs. please PM me if u want to know the cost. :)

Edited by dracwy

the chosen tiles. :) wife & ID chose these. i'm fine with the colours and textures, although i'd prefer darker shades. but better leave some decisions to the wife to keep her happy. :P

DSC03774.jpg

designed the new bathroom layout myself, drew out my idea (even with dimensions!), obtained wife's approval, and then went about hunting for contractors/IDs to do it.

bathroom-1.jpg

bathroom-3.jpg

also hunted around many overseas websites and bought many stuffs online, including a beautiful glass mosaic copper vessel sink, and an interesting-looking faucet.

8068_l.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

after discussing with ID who gave very valuable suggestions, i changed a bit of my idea for practical reasons, e.g. using cabinets rather than "open concept" or drawers under the vanity sink.

Wooo...can can details where tis tap is from? any website to share?

hi Alextoh76, i got it from signature hardware, google for it. :)

they do ship to SG, but u gotta call to order, as their order form does not cater for countries outside US. i find their shipping cost quite high though. it'll be good if u have friends in US to help u ship or lug back :)

after a few days of delay, the plumbing and electrical works are done. :)

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

next will be the waterproofing and tiling works. can't wait for everything to be completed.

it sure is dusty all over... :o

tiling almost done. :) really happy to see everything coming together gradually

DSC03802.jpg

DSC03803.jpg

tiler's workmanship really quite good, the seams between tiles are tiny. minimal maintenance and cleaning of the grout between the tiles in future. :D

DSC03804.jpg