Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ziztine

Cotton Curtain Shrunk & Colour Fade After Dry Cleaning!

I recently sent my 1 yr old cotton curtains (living rooms) for dry clean. They are made of good quality UK cotton. I was advised that I should not wash them myself as they will shrink. But when I collected the curtains from the dry-cleaners, I noticed that they have shrunk & the colour has even faded! I was really upset & brought them back to the dry-cleaners. They dry-cleaned it again (for whatever reason I have no idea & not happy cos I am worried that it can cause further shrinkage) & told me that it is normally for curtains to shrink & fade after dye cleaning. And guess what, after the 2nd time dry-clean, the curtain shrunk even more :,( My curtain has in total shrunk by 3.5 - 4 inches (depending on which sides)!

I did call the curtain company & according to them, dry-cleaning will not cause either.

This is the 1st time I dye clean my curtains & have no clue who is right or wrong. Can any kind soul give me some advise on this? I have 2 more sets of curtain which I have fortunately not sent to the same dry cleaner. I stay in Clementi Ave 2. Any advise or safe dry-cleaners would be deeply appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation