Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DarthGW

Led Bulbs For Plc Downlights?

looking for suitable lightings for new family home

spoke to collins and he was kind enough to advise me to get PLC downlights as we plan to have simple ceiling light fixtures.

are there any LED bulbs suitable to be installed into those circular/square PLC downlights?if not then we probably have to go for those traditional energy-saving bulbs

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

looking for suitable lightings for new family home

spoke to collins and he was kind enough to advise me to get PLC downlights as we plan to have simple ceiling light fixtures.

are there any LED bulbs suitable to be installed into those circular/square PLC downlights?if not then we probably have to go for those traditional energy-saving bulbs

Try go for those without balast as I was told it consume electricity thou it used engery saving bulb

I will be installing those downlight fitted with philips tornado bulbs as without balast and its engery saving 20watts

you may check it out but expensive compare to those tradition version :dancingqueen:

Agree e balast save power.

For starter/balast, Power consumption is base on usage pattern. Balast + starter consumes more energy and cost more if your usage pattern is "ON/OFF oops forget something ON/OFF oops forget ON/OFF". Frequent switching cycle makes starter consume more electricity.

Without looking nice, you can be surprised 40W circular tube's power bill is quite good compare with downlights or rows of false ceiling lights.

However, look appeals is important too, a balance have to be strike by the house owner.

Edited by libbit6789

I am also looking into this configuration cos it's easier to maintain in the long run.

What I know is that PLC fitted downlights can be changed to fit E27 fittings. E27 has all the electronics inside the bulb, hence you do not need an external ballast. All you have is just the fittings and you will only need to worry when the bulb dies (just need to change the bulb).

Now the awesome thing is that E27 light bulbs have LED flavours too (LED instead of tungsten/florescent). Philips sell them for $15 which is quite a steal. So I'm going for this config for my downlights. The downside is that normal 2-PLC downlights can only fit 1 E27 bulb fitting. So you'll need to see whether it is bright enough.