Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

I'm thinking of going eco for my new 4-rm hdb flat. Has anyone tried bamboo flooring that's supposedly more eco-friendly?

Besides bamboo, is there any other "eco-friendly" materials?

Thank you so much!

Best Wishes,

ecomyhome

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i had used some eco-friendly stuff at home.

common stuff like LED bulbs, side loading washing machine to save water, inverter aircon,

but during my research i learn a lot on ECO-friendly tips that i should share with you guys.

i learn that some paints and glue contain VOC which is bad for human as well as environment.

ask for low VOC paints from painters. also i read from this blog that the glue they used in wardrobe is really poisonous

and there is a more eco-friendly glue that won't really give u brain damage and is less harmful to environment.

Hangrohe taps with the air-intake create bubbles in water makes water less likely to bounce off your hands so its u use less water.

this one u can google any hansgrohe tap series.

Contat doors - they had a series call ECO-core which doesn't slaughter new trees but uses wood chips from saw mills.

this is actually more dense due to some technology which can make the door stronger than solid door & better sound insulation

eco-core detials

Lumier3 ambient lighting is also quite green. i have bought this because its made in very durable plastic that doesn't break easily.

so it will reduce waste. also there is a LED bulb inside which is also very energy efficient.

check out their FB page fb lumier3

buy only durable furnitures or fittings that are not buy and throw away. no doubt this you can change ur decor 1-2years but this is really adding more trash to the environment.

also the more low quality goods you buy, the more it will encourage manufacturer to produce "disposable goods"

buying durable stuff not just save $$$ over the long run but also save you the hassle.

i love this Qoute used in 1 of the renoblogs.

"Its Always Quality First and Price Second. No point stinge over some things that are 30% cheaper but 50% of the lifespan. Which in terms translate, if you buy cheap tiles, you may pay $700 instead of $1,000. But if half the lifespan, the tile starts to flake or crack. The replacement cost will be a lot more that then $300. So in the end of the day you spend more time & money."

Get hand-me-down plates & bowls from parents which are sitting in the storeroom forever.

tell friend not to buy u things during house warming, cos most of the time, we don't need 2 blenders or decor items that are super ugly.