Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not even sure if they have insurance for work. If not, we are likely to suck thumb if we dont have those comprehensive house insurance.

We bought the insurance after renovation is completed :wacko:

We bought the insurance after renovation is completed :wacko:

i more KS. bought before renovation. even had an email from insurer confirming that renovation works is covered as well.

i more KS. bought before renovation. even had an email from insurer confirming that renovation works is covered as well.

Which is good, unlike me, buy after renovation don't know for what. I don't think insurance will cover any renovation damages, except the basic fire insurance.

Pardon us as we do not have fancy 3D drawing, didn't expect my contractor to come out with one too. Anyway I can visualise most part of whats going to happen to our house but of cos with the help of my wife and the contractor. My contractor is good in design sense too as he not only was a contractor but actually with ID background. Somehow he prefer people to regard him as a contractor (not sure the real reason). He belongs to the old school NAFA ID generation so he is no good in computer rendering of 3D, but i knew he was one of top 5 graduates during his time. Sometime i'm not sure of the look and feel i will consult him, he understand what i want to achieve from this housing renovation. We are quite clickable.

These pics were taken during eve of Labour Day. Sand were already deliver to my place....still pretty neat.

DSCF2077.jpg

DSCF2075.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

Picture take during eve of Labour Day

I mention my con resubmit for a later date for the demolition of walls again...it suppose to be schedule on 2nd May till 5th May. But like i say before, my contractor v fast hand and leg....at this time those walls were already hacked down. Efficient is the word to describe, our heart were totally eased with him handle our work. The tiny kitchen looks so much spacious after hacking away the wall and same to the toilet too! Thats how i envision it to be, real result shows.

After kitchen wall hacked away...

DSCF2074.jpg

DSCF2076.jpg

Edited by denimart

Which is good, unlike me, buy after renovation don't know for what. I don't think insurance will cover any renovation damages, except the basic fire insurance.

yup you are right. it does not cover renovation damages, usually the contractor will cover that. i was just worried about any accidental fires, and since we pay contractor up front, i do worry about it. anyway, $70 to buy peace of mind is not so bad. the funny thing is that mine covered any damages to windows, irregardless of how it was damaged. :sport-smiley-004:

yup you are right. it does not cover renovation damages, usually the contractor will cover that. i was just worried about any accidental fires, and since we pay contractor up front, i do worry about it. anyway, $70 to buy peace of mind is not so bad. the funny thing is that mine covered any damages to windows, irregardless of how it was damaged. :sport-smiley-004:

That is very good! I forgot, is yours from Chartis?

Yea I receive frm chartis too

But don't take up la

Coz renovation going Finnish

Yea I receive frm chartis too

But don't take up la

Coz renovation going Finnish

I think they also cover other things, other than the renovation portion. Too bad, we signed up last day of April.

nope. i bought from Directasia.com. chartis offer is the best, but i saw their offer too late. maybe next year i will sign with them. but i need to make sure that they consider any theft/burglary(even without a single window grille in my home) is claimable under the insurance

Our demolition date starts from 23-25 April, my contractor really fast hand fast leg in taking down the tiles and tearing down the unnecessary stuff. At this moment, the few walls which suppose to be hack are still on pending. I kept calling the officer from the permit dept but the call forever get engaged. Finally my contractor advise me to pen an email to him, next day early morning i check HDB site and it got approve!? But by this time is already 25th, so my contractor rearrange a later hacking date and also submit a later date for demolition permit again. Anyway, talk about my contractor he is **** good, the day they tear down anything regardless tiles or wood structures...his workers will clear the debris away in the same day. Knew what, no ciggie butt can be found in the house too. His theory is he has to make sure his place are clean and so is a respect to the homeowners. He do not allow his workers to mess up the house, his theory again is so the subcon or other workers will take his works seriously and follow instruction knowing that the main contractor is not a person to be trifle with. If they see the house they work is dirty and ciggie butts everywhere, they will not take their job seriously. Quite respect on those theory though.

Hi,

May i know what is the reason for your walls to be put on pending from HDB? Currently i am facing the same situation as HDB claimed that the walls which i wana hack are pre cast walls.

So in the end what is the result after you appeal?