Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahdibuao

What Are My Aircon Options?

Hi, I'm staying at a 5-room flat and two of the rooms have air-con in a system 2 configuration.

I intend to install a new air-con for the third room but I understand that we are allowed to have 1 compressor per flat only right? I also do not want to remove the existing air-con to install a system 3 air-con as the current air-conditioning system is still quite new.

Am I only left with the option of a portable air-con? It's not my best solution as it is quite cumbersome and use up too much of my room space.

Appreciate your expert advice one this. Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, I'm staying at a 5-room flat and two of the rooms have air-con in a system 2 configuration.

I intend to install a new air-con for the third room but I understand that we are allowed to have 1 compressor per flat only right? I also do not want to remove the existing air-con to install a system 3 air-con as the current air-conditioning system is still quite new.

Am I only left with the option of a portable air-con? It's not my best solution as it is quite cumbersome and use up too much of my room space.

I try to help u but I ain't no expert. If u were living in those newer flats say less than 12 years flat those with aircon ledge already build by hdb ...I saw plenty of units had install two condensers means these newer flats allow more than one condenser. I'm not sure those much older flats though. Next option u probably need those window mount aircon blower, don't need condenser at all and only take up part of your window space only.

Y don't u go check with HDB if your unit allow 2condenser??

My new estate I see lots of ppl placing 2condenser in the A/C leadge

:dancingqueen:

Thanks for all your response! Mine is a 1993-built HDB flat and there's no aircon ledge. I dun remember seeing other flats having 2 compressors. So I guess it's not allowed?

Btw, what is the window mount aicron blower? I've not heard of it before. Thanks!

Reviving my own thread. Regarding my situation, am I allowed to install a window-unit aircon for my other room? i.e. 2 split unit with 1 compressor in 2 rooms and 1 window unit for the other room.

Or casement aircon is my only option? Thanks.