Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rocksoft

Granite Change Color

need help again!!!!

my granite flooring changed color when rain splash in... some part were dried but there is a portion that the color didn't fade to its original color and it has been like a month....

any solutions?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

need help again!!!!

my granite flooring changed color when rain splash in... some part were dried but there is a portion that the color didn't fade to its original color and it has been like a month....

any solutions?

The red col granite slates covering the exterior wall of Taka also same like yours; bake under hot sun for a day or 2, the water mark will disappear. Check with your contractor how you can waterproof your granite.

The red col granite slates covering the exterior wall of Taka also same like yours; bake under hot sun for a day or 2, the water mark will disappear. Check with your contractor how you can waterproof your granite.

I don't think U can withdraw the water marks on your granite as I tried before

U go suntec city the entrance near to ducktour booth U c the flooring have dark patches those r caused by water marks

Bo bian coz its porous by nature

I don't think U can withdraw the water marks on your granite as I tried before

U go suntec city the entrance near to ducktour booth U c the flooring have dark patches those r caused by water marks

Bo bian coz its porous by nature

mai everything also say cannot lah... google is seriously your best friend. :thumbs up:

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-stains-from-granite-countertops/#WaterStains

Edited by taichipanda

mai everything also say cannot lah... google is seriously your best friend. :thumbs up:

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-stains-from-granite-countertops/#WaterStains

hey taichipanda thanks for the link.. yeah mine is not hardwater stain but like the granite darken after the water is absorbed into the stone.

the water didn't only enter from the surface of the stone but also underneath by the crack in the skirting and down underneath (if you roughly know what i mean, not v good at articulating)

i try using hairdryer to let the water evaporate but it still doesnt work, on the fan for 24hrs also useless. Now i buy a big and cheap spotlight to shine at and heat the stone. Hopefully it will acceralate the evaporation process.

Thanks for googling. I've just got my granite stained and this really help me a lot. My stains are removed with vinegar.

you mean ordinary vinegar?

hey taichipanda thanks for the link.. yeah mine is not hardwater stain but like the granite darken after the water is absorbed into the stone.

the water didn't only enter from the surface of the stone but also underneath by the crack in the skirting and down underneath (if you roughly know what i mean, not v good at articulating)

i try using hairdryer to let the water evaporate but it still doesnt work, on the fan for 24hrs also useless. Now i buy a big and cheap spotlight to shine at and heat the stone. Hopefully it will acceralate the evaporation process.

Granite darken after the water is absorbed into the stone is equal to hardwater stain. You can try apply granite sealer for waterproofing after you get the hardwater stain off.

Btw, have you even try using white vinegar?

If money no issue to you, you can consider changing your granite to quartz surface.