Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shmj

Toilet Overlay

Anyone do toilet overlay for your house before?

To cut costs, we are thinking of doing toilet overlay instead of all the hacking...

can share your experience?

Pros/ Cons?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Shmj

I had done mine few yrs back for my 1st home due to i had a tight budget, it never give me any problem for my 5 yrs stay for my perverse house.

It really cut down the cost of hacking and some of the materials, i was told my by ID back then is all depend on the house itself. whether dose it have any leakage before & and how old is the house.

Pro : save cost and time

con : if the house is too old say abt more then 15yrs and above or had leakage before is advise is not to overlay.

hope that my 2cents worth of suggestion will help u in certain way.

Till today my this ID is still in contact with me. if you are keen i can always PM you. perhaps he can advise you more onto this .

anyway i just a layman only hahahaha only know abit here and there :)

Hi! Thanks so much for sharing.

We are on a tight tight budget. As usual so much to do but so little moo-lah. :P

Everything is still very preliminary now... just trying to spin off ideas on how to cut down my reno costs.

The house is abt 15years old now... was told tt so far, no leakage issues (touch wood)... so we'll see... :)

Hi! Thanks so much for sharing.

We are on a tight tight budget. As usual so much to do but so little moo-lah. :P

Everything is still very preliminary now... just trying to spin off ideas on how to cut down my reno costs.

The house is abt 15years old now... was told tt so far, no leakage issues (touch wood)... so we'll see... :)

Hi Shmj

You are most welcome, actually is still voice down onto what are you looking at or what type of reno that you really want to do, eg : is it kitchen & two toilet is a must? is it a feature wall is a must? etc.....

You try to set a side on what is the must thing to do on your renovation 1st ( the rest can wait till you are more comfortable ) . then from there u can narrow down on the price. Just my sharing Hope it helps.

cheers

We have 4 toilets. All must redo since everything is in its original condition...

That's why we are thinking of doing overlay instead of all the hacking... reckon can easily save $2-3K here...

We have 4 toilets. All must redo since everything is in its original condition...

That's why we are thinking of doing overlay instead of all the hacking... reckon can easily save $2-3K here...

Oic well if you really go for overlay it will save more 3-4k ba if i'm not wrong it depend of the size of your toilet. But my 2 cents suggestion to you is that, maybe you like to check with your neighbours who stay below.

cheers