Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poolnet

Water Outlet In Hdb Toilet

Hi, we are going to start our HDB renoation soon and are planning to get a glass shower screen to partition out the shower area. However, as you know, the older HDB toilets have only 1 water outlet, which means only the shower area will have the hole for water to flow out. Has anyone out there managed to get around this so that there are 2 outlets, one within the shower area and the other outside the shower area?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, we are going to start our HDB renoation soon and are planning to get a glass shower screen to partition out the shower area. However, as you know, the older HDB toilets have only 1 water outlet, which means only the shower area will have the hole for water to flow out. Has anyone out there managed to get around this so that there are 2 outlets, one within the shower area and the other outside the shower area?

Tell your ID/main contractor, they can construct another side outlet routed the water to the main outlet for you. Mine was done this way.

Tell your ID/main contractor, they can construct another side outlet routed the water to the main outlet for you. Mine was done this way.

I assume the routed piping will be covered below the floor tiles? Don't mind me asking, is this approved by HDB?

I assume the routed piping will be covered below the floor tiles? Don't mind me asking, is this approved by HDB?

If you everything also worry that it might not be approved by HDB, either you can go apply for approval and get your reno delayed or dont do it.

To create an exposed channel of 10mm width, and 20mm high to channel water from shower area to floortrap is not that difficult. Embedding a concealed pipe into the screed runs a lot of waterproofing risks.

Hi Poolnet,

I have the same problem. were you able to route it? How did you do it? I want to put a mini sink in the toilet too. Could you please let me know.

Also, I found this online. So I'm not too sure myself.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/AA15NOTI/AA15PChgeCompanyNme

f) Conditions for embedding discharge pipes within floor finishes:

i) Diameter of pipe shall not exceed 35mm.

ii) Overall thickness of floor finishes inclusive of pipe, cement screed and tiles shall not exceed 50mm.

I'd really appreciate your input! :)

Thanks

Edited by rockstar111

Hi Poolnet,

I have the same problem. were you able to route it? How did you do it? I want to put a mini sink in the toilet too. Could you please let me know.

Also, I found this online. So I'm not too sure myself.

https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/AA15NOTI/AA15PChgeCompanyNme

f) Conditions for embedding discharge pipes within floor finishes:

i) Diameter of pipe shall not exceed 35mm.

ii) Overall thickness of floor finishes inclusive of pipe, cement screed and tiles shall not exceed 50mm.

I'd really appreciate your input! :)

Thanks

Yes, the guys automatically created another outlet with the usual white squarish cover outside the shower screen and the piping is buried under the tiles. I am not sure of the exact dimensions but of course they would have laid the piping such that they flow in a gradient towards the original outlet. I think the most contractors should know what to do if you ask them about this.

Yes, the guys automatically created another outlet with the usual white squarish cover outside the shower screen and the piping is buried under the tiles. I am not sure of the exact dimensions but of course they would have laid the piping such that they flow in a gradient towards the original outlet. I think the most contractors should know what to do if you ask them about this.

Thank you! Your answers have helped alot.