Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ck35

My Mini Jumbo

My Completion was done last week. And I'm finally feeling the excitement of our new jumbo flat.

As we agreed to let the ex-owners stay for another month we'll only collect the keys from then in end October which means we'll only start renovating in November.

But we have finalized the design we want and this is what we have decided to do.

I don't want to hack any walls in the masterbed room so I decided to split the wardrobe. One will be at the window (full see through wardrobe) and another one beside the entrance (have yet to decide if this will be see through). I'm ok to sacrifice one window but not all, hence the separate wardrobe idea. And we really need big wardrobe hence this idea...

floorplan.jpg

Edited by ck35

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yesterday my contractor sent me our 3d design and we love it instantly!!!

VW1.jpg

Our living room..

VW2.jpg

This is the balcony area turned cosy corner....

VW3.jpg

The open concept kitchen

VW4.jpg

The dining area...

I wanted a wider dining table (ideally table should blend in with the pillar) so they'll make changes on that but i love the color combination :)

It is such a huge difference from the current owner's house!!

Edited by ck35

I am looking at lights for dining area and saw these few from Taobao.

lights3.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights1.jpg

But i'm still thinking if it's worth the hassle or I should buy from JB or just locally....

Last weekend we went shopping and bought our Sofa, dining lights and dining table, expectedly! We went with the 'look see look see' mentality and didn't expect to find stuffs that we like.

Especially for the dining lights, it's 'love at first sight' for my mister.

Tsofa.jpg

I have been looking for high back sofa. It's difficult to find for Fabric high back, I need sofa that we can sit with our head rested somewhere....so it's more relaxing. I guess it's easier to get leather ones and I almost gave in to leather sofa until I saw this. I like the colour combination of this sofa (except that 2 little red cushions which are not part of the deal) and it was not expensive so we paid a deposit for it.

I am still thinking if I want L shape but the shop said they can custom made to 3 seater @ the same price, I do not mind though. Will think about it.

diningtable-1.jpg

This is the dining table that my mister like. It is 1.8m long. I find that very big but he likes the size and so I gave in to him.

dininglights.jpg

This is love @ first sight. It is not cheap but we agree that this will be the statement piece in our home. Good luck for cleaning!

Collected house key in Mid October and the ex-owners did a very good job in clearing out their stuffs. The house was very clean when we went to open the door...

living-1.jpg

kitchen-1.jpg

dining-1.jpg

the original dining room which will be turned into mom's bedroom

balcony-1.jpg

the balcony which will be part of the new living room

master-1.jpg

masterbedroom

Edited by ck35

Hacking starts 2 weeks ago and the place is in a mess now...

photo16.jpg

The original bedroom beside the kitchen has been turned to dining area

photo14-1.jpg

The kitchen and living room is now 'opened'

Edited by ck35

Hi CK35,

I just bought a jumbo in Tampines too. My layout is almost the same as yours only I bought it at the jumbo price. Guess you got it at a really good price.

Really interested in seeing how the space would turn out. Could you share more pictures of the transformation?

Cheers,

wow i didnt know Tampines has real jumbo....

Ok i'll show you the pics :) it is actually quite nice now after we changed the format and we're left with flooring, painting and carpentry :)

will find some time to update some photos this week :)

Hi CK35,

I just bought a jumbo in Tampines too. My layout is almost the same as yours only I bought it at the jumbo price. Guess you got it at a really good price.

Really interested in seeing how the space would turn out. Could you share more pictures of the transformation?

Cheers,