Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Limyw

Epoxy Putty

Hi, has anyone used epoxy putty as adhesive to hang things on wall? I dont want to drill into my wall and so am thniking of using this. need to hang pictures, mirrors, etc

where can I buy these, what brand, and how much?

any info is appreciated. tks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You can just purchase the 3M mounting hooks or tapes, but of a certain weight only.

tks but I have tried these in the past and not reliable. there is also the limited weight as you indicated. I read somewhere that epoxy putty can hold quite a substantial amount eg the mighty putty at https://www.buymightyputtynow.com/?rtag=mightyputty&

just need to see other's experience on this and where to buy

tks but I have tried these in the past and not reliable. there is also the limited weight as you indicated. I read somewhere that epoxy putty can hold quite a substantial amount eg the mighty putty at https://www.buymightyputtynow.com/?rtag=mightyputty&

just need to see other's experience on this and where to buy

Hi,

I have used those 2 part epoxy putty quite extensively in the past, you can get it easily almost anywhere in Singapore, even those neighborhood shop that sell 'cheap' item can get... (selling from $4.50 ~ $$6.0)

Basically, just get equal amount of A & B "putty" , like those kid playdol.. & mix it with evenly with thumb ... it will dry rock hard few hour later..

But, I do not use it as wall hanging picture support.. mainly use it to repair those wall switch, after a while, the "nut" that suppose to secure the wall switch will tend to disintegrated.. & the switch screw has no way to secure it firmly on the wall .. so, I use this two part epoxy putty to re-build the screw hole ...

Also, you can use this to fill in wall hole.. unlike those white general putty which is "soft" when dry (you can use your finger nail & depress on it) ..the epoxy based putty really harden like rock....

How much weight the putty epoxy can secure the wall hook really depend on your wall surface, if it's rough, the chances is good.. personally I have not tried it.. but do take note that, it's hard to remove. & will likely pull the paint/cement off together when remove... so why not drill wall hole to secure your picture if heavy? at least I trust my screw hole support more than any other 'glue' adhesive method

I have used a epoxy sold in tubes called MAXBOND.

Cost about $4.50 per tube. Can get from any hard ware shop.

To apply using pressure gun cost $3.00

The adhesive is super strong stuff. I have used it to stick riles on my walls.

The question is, if your paintwork is strong enough. Sometimes in application like this,

the tile falls off, not because of the weak gum, but because of the paint.