Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nexer

Home Sweet Home Feeling

Day 8

Issue 3&4: apparently HDB have a new ruling that we cant level the living room and kitchen flooring anymore. My ID suggested either do a gentle slope or make do with the drop from living room to kitchen. My concern is that the tiles will no longer be continueous and more grout lines at this area...

And also, if i want to have a drop in the bathroom for shower area, the mbr and bathroom dry area flooring will have to be made thicker. This means that my mbr and bathroom ceiling height will be lesser and i dont want that to happen...

Headache headache...

Anyway, my bathroom and toilet wall tiles are up. Will be tiling the bottom half of the wall only. The top half of the wall will be painted.

DA3DAC83-B459-4A27-934A-A2BA9D6C869F-12095-000008CCD6D4DAB1.jpg

D128C5BD-DEB6-4271-87D4-9A90EA501970-12095-000008CCC599E202.jpg

Rooms' door frames are up too. Laying of floor tiles will be done tmr.

4CB348AA-DDF9-4152-818B-30679265EB06-12095-000008CCDE80226F.jpg

Bro,

Your toilet is bottom tiles and upper cement screed plus paint. You not afraid of cracks appearing on the walls later?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bro,

Your toilet is bottom tiles and upper cement screed plus paint. You not afraid of cracks appearing on the walls later?

It will be plastered then paint. Will there be cracks?

It will be plastered then paint. Will there be cracks?

Plastering will still get cracks after some time. That is why this time round we opt out plastering the whole house and do wall tiles. My previous flat was done with whole house plastering, then after some time the cracks came out.

Morning May!

Thanks for the link. This is where im confused. My block did went through the upgrading programme and even my powerbox state 40amp on it. But when i use the link and key in my postal code, it said that my block is only 30amp...

when in doubt, call your HDB branch office. There will be an officer that is in charge of renovation matters and he usually can answer most questions.

Morning May!

Thanks for the link. This is where im confused. My block did went through the upgrading programme and even my powerbox state 40amp on it. But when i use the link and key in my postal code, it said that my block is only 30amp...

not all upgrading will upgrade electrical loading. like what getszki said, call the technical officer for your area. since its confusing where website says not upgraded and you see the box showing 40A.

HDB TO just confirmed that my house has 40amp capacity! Happy!

And also 2nd shipment from amazon has arrived...

F4C6A323-A7A0-41B1-AE8E-0CF13EE7F830-14828-00000ADAADE4FA93.jpg

6FEC7BC6-1476-4B3D-A1C0-78DD4544C7DF-14828-00000ADABD1346E4.jpg

My precious...

Edited by Nexer

Need help!!

Anyone know where can i get aluminium lourve bifold door?

I know a few of the renotalkers here have it in their house but most of them get it thru their contractor.

I asked my contractor too, but he dont knw where to buy!

43ECAC90-7052-403E-9637-EF3321E18757-4289-000003699503CC79.jpg

C11CCDA7-DA29-4C06-B371-FF94FFA89653-4289-0000036B34BD4221.jpg

Thanks alot in advance!

Did you manage to contact him?

Did you manage to contact him?

Yup yup. Did him tell u if there is any warranty for the door and lock? The lock does not seem to be rust proof...

Day 8

Issue 3&4: apparently HDB have a new ruling that we cant level the living room and kitchen flooring anymore. My ID suggested either do a gentle slope or make do with the drop from living room to kitchen. My concern is that the tiles will no longer be continueous and more grout lines at this area...

And also, if i want to have a drop in the bathroom for shower area, the mbr and bathroom dry area flooring will have to be made thicker. This means that my mbr and bathroom ceiling height will be lesser and i dont want that to happen...

Headache headache...

Anyway, my bathroom and toilet wall tiles are up. Will be tiling the bottom half of the wall only. The top half of the wall will be painted.

DA3DAC83-B459-4A27-934A-A2BA9D6C869F-12095-000008CCD6D4DAB1.jpg

D128C5BD-DEB6-4271-87D4-9A90EA501970-12095-000008CCC599E202.jpg

Rooms' door frames are up too. Laying of floor tiles will be done tmr.

4CB348AA-DDF9-4152-818B-30679265EB06-12095-000008CCDE80226F.jpg

Had the leveling floors issue too. It caused us super a lot of stress... Tried everything. In the end have to make do with the drop.

Also did half wall height toilet tiles! But now it's one major regret for me. You going to paint the wall a different colour?

Had the leveling floors issue too. It caused us super a lot of stress... Tried everything. In the end have to make do with the drop.

Also did half wall height toilet tiles! But now it's one major regret for me. You going to paint the wall a different colour?

In the end we decided to do a gentle slope instead of the drop.

The wall tiles is abt 1.35m tall, above tat will be paint. Still have not decided on the Colour of the paint.

Y did u regret it?

Edited by Nexer

Nexer,

I confirmed Nicholas liao. He will be doing the hacking, tiling and plumbing works for my new house in Jan. Thanks for recommendation. Hopefully it will turn out good for the both of us.

Norman

Progress is quite slow, so nothing to updatr., but im not really in a rush so its ok.

Went jalan jalan today and managed to hoot 2 items back.

LG 42"LM6410 @ $8xx

E8004D0D-A0A4-405C-8B0D-11A11B8B58A5-20141-00000E8EAB263750.jpg

Yamaha YHT S401 @ $8xx

B7AF22B3-B75C-401B-83BD-B34350607C8C-20141-00000E8EACB8A9F5.jpg

In the end we decided to do a gentle slope instead of the drop.

The wall tiles is abt 1.35m tall, above tat will be paint. Still have not decided on the Colour of the paint.

Y did u regret it?

The tiles were apparently quite thick so there is a good 1 inch "ledge" where the tiles end and the wall begins. Contractor says can't do anything about it... Really feel quite sad now for trying to save that little bit of $$

The tiles were apparently quite thick so there is a good 1 inch "ledge" where the tiles end and the wall begins. Contractor says can't do anything about it... Really feel quite sad now for trying to save that little bit of $$

I know what u mean...i told my contractor that the tiles and the wall must be as flat and straight as possible...maybe plaster the wall slightly thicker?

I know what u mean...i told my contractor that the tiles and the wall must be as flat and straight as possible...maybe plaster the wall slightly thicker?

Didn't plaster the top half walls at all - previous owner had half height hence we decided to save money and retain the half height. Have decided to ignore it - it doesn't seem to bother my hubby. Yah make sure your contractor doesn't leave the "ledge", if you are plastering the top also it shouldnt be a problem.