Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
restlessfeet

Commonwealth 3Rm Industrial Inspired Makeover

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I need some help with ideas on dining chairs, I hope someone would be kind enough to suggest some options.

I really like this table for the legs and the beveled glass top. But (to my eyes) it's a very sophisticated table so my original idea of using mismatched chairs is going to be hard to pull off. Does anyone have suggestions on what kind of chairs would work?

Reale_4_1MED.jpg

Any and all suggestions are welcome! :bow:

I need some help with ideas on dining chairs, I hope someone would be kind enough to suggest some options.

I really like this table for the legs and the beveled glass top. But (to my eyes) it's a very sophisticated table so my original idea of using mismatched chairs is going to be hard to pull off. Does anyone have suggestions on what kind of chairs would work?

Reale_4_1MED.jpg

Any and all suggestions are welcome! :bow:

Hi..i think some simple design chair or clear plastic chair will be good to match as it will not block the details of the table legs. It looks good and well designed, guess its not cheap too.

Hi..i think some simple design chair or clear plastic chair will be good to match as it will not block the details of the table legs. It looks good and well designed, guess its not cheap too.

I thought about clear chairs but they seem to scratch pretty easily. You're right, the table is not cheap but I haven't really seen anything else I liked that is the right size. All the tables I liked so far are at least 2m or more. :bangwall: If I do get it, I'll probably buy it online; total cost will still be about 25% cheaper than buying it locally.

Thank you! I saw the same style of light in one of the light shops along Jalan Besar, it was behind the counter and going for ~$500. I didn't want to pay that much so looked for alternatives. Mine was cheap, I don't recall exactly how much I spent but about $60 - $70+? I bought the cables and fixtures from a tiny shop at Sim Lim tower (somewhere on 3rd floor I think) that specializes in import/export and wholesale of electrical fittings. I basically pestered the uncle there to help me find a ceiling attachment which would fit 5 wires. They were kind enough to put the light together for me but I felt bad after that, it was obvious they don't normally do this kind of small job.

After I found an online source for my bedroom light (the one on the metal frame) which is pretty much the same thing, I got another uncle at a neighbourhood hardware store to put it together for me.

I have a spare 5 wire ceiling rose in black , let me know if you would be interested in buying it.

Black 5 wire ceiling rose

Restless,

Thanks for the ceiling rose, product finally completed.

2012-12-28190946_zpsfc900b65.jpg

It's been a while and I thought I should update.

My sofa was the first to arrive... it's pretty comfy and I do like it but I wish the arms are a little narrower.

Now I need to hunt down some nice cushions and maybe a throw? Looks a little naked and I need to add some colour.

20130214_105651_zps0b6f3d57.jpg

Edited by restlessfeet

Robinsons arrived on the same day with my mattress. Love it a lot, super comfy and looks great! :D

20130208_205050_zps4805251e.jpg

20130209_112655_zps735d3c2b.jpg

I'm glad I held off buying a TV console until after I got my bed and mattress. The mattress is pretty high and I would need a slightly higher TV console, otherwise I won't be a

able to watch TV in bed without the bottom of the TV getting cut off from view.

Family & friends are joking that by the time I'm done furniture shopping and decorating my place, it will be time for me to retire. :rolleyes:

Robinsons arrived on the same day with my mattress. Love it a lot, super comfy and looks great! :D

20130208_205050_zps4805251e.jpg

20130209_112655_zps735d3c2b.jpg

I'm glad I held off buying a TV console until after I got my bed and mattress. The mattress is pretty high and I would need a slightly higher TV console, otherwise I won't be a

able to watch TV in bed without the bottom of the TV getting cut off from view.

Family & friends are joking that by the time I'm done furniture shopping and decorating my place, it will be time for me to retire. :rolleyes:

Nice quilt cover! Haha, your speed can't be as bad as me.