Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kll78

Beware Of La Cafa Furniture & Design At The New Furniture Mall At Toh Guan Road!

Hmmm... I came across this post while trying to see if they had a website to confirm order I placed for a gorgeous wooden King size bed last weekend at the Singapore Expo.

My experience so far......

- Served by - Ong. He seemed OK to me (even if it was 21h30 on Sunday evening)

- Problems with payment. Took a bunch of them to try get payment though on my Nets

I told them I just purchased a mattress for $2500 from another stall, thus possibly a limit issue - they should use the visa option

This took about 20 mins, after which - managed to put through a payment of $100.

Not sure if this is a sign of things to come - delivery 4 - 5 weeks :-(

I am now in two minds if I should cancel the order and forego the 100 bucks....?! Problem is they are not answering their phones... lol

I will let you guys know how this unfolds

Regards

Any update?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do NOT buy anything from there. I had a very bad experience recently. Just hope I have read this before my purchase.

I bought a TV console + Coffee Table from them. Have to keep calling them to confirm delivery date and time. Even on actual day, they did not confirm the timing with me and I have to wait at the new house.

When the goods arrived, I notice that the white glossy surface have many scratch and stain marks. The stain marks can still be clean off but not the scratches. The coffee table also deliver wrong colour. I called them to complain and they promise to exchange.

Then my wife discover the horror, the drawers cannot open smoothly and something seem to be stuck behind the drawer, Guess what we found? A whole stack of half done children worksheet and colouring sheets. Obviously this is an old set used by someone for a long time (some of the paper is a bit yellowish), they just refurbish and sent to me.

I call them and they still have to cheek to tell me " Already replacing for you, what else do you want?". I demand an explanation and they promise to call back and never. Next day call them and they say it's delivery mistake.Promise to call me following Monday to arrange for replacement I waited till Sat still no calls.

Called them on Sat and demand that they take back the goods and give me a refund. After talking to several people who try to convince me not to reject the goods, they finally came and took the goods back. Promise that their finance will call me on Monday to arrange for refund. It's Wednesday already, no call received and not answering phone. I am going to make a police report and report them to CASE if that's what they want.

WoW... So many negative complaints about La cafa since 2007 & so few positive reviews.. Wonder how they have survived. I saw a very good sofa/tv console in Expo yesterday and before buying did a google and stopped their. I confronted the sales man he said his competitors who are jealous write all this.... Is it possible that their quality is good and delivery/service is bad? Does that explain how they have survived for almost 10 years despite this reviews? Will appreciate any leads..

I rue not reading this before I made my purchase.

Generally good furniture and designs.
However, they are extremely misleading on delivery times. I was assured of a next-week delivery date. I disposed of my old sofas. On the scheduled delivery date, I was called and informed there was a delay - they would provide temporary sofa for me to use. Delivery was re-scheduled for 2 weeks later. 2 weeks later, I was informed delivery in April. On April/1, I called to ask what's going on. They said it was in the supplier warehouse and they would deliver in 10 days.
This is ridiculous - 7 weeks wait. The anticipation and excitement of home renovation is destroyed by ****ty customer service.
Beware of the misleading showroom staff agreeing to any delivery timeline you request.
Beware the lying rude delivery staff on the phone - constantly cancelling and pushing out delivery.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SHOP.

Hi all, I bought from La Cafa at the recent expo fair. I spent about 3K on a sofa, bedframe, mattress and TV console. I bought prior to reading the posts... and after reading the posts, my heart dropped but I was hopeful and prayed for the best. And, I'm happy to announce that every item came in great condition and on time. In fact, I requested for an earlier delivery timing and they met it. The salesperson who attended to me was very professional and attentive. He responded to my text promptly on my delivery request. So! Don't worry if you bought from these folks. It worked out well for me!

• Like 1

Bought a sofa from La Cafa from the expo in late April. The salesman was Don. Initial delivery date was 30th May, note that it's more than a month from date of purchase. A few days before delivery, i contacted Don and he asked me to call the main or delivery office. a very rude call taker answered a few questions and hung up on me. She informed that no delivery was scheduled on 30th. Only then i started googling for reviews and found this thread. I was worried sick.
The next day, another rep, Steven, called to inform delivery will be scheduled on 6th June.

Yesterday, 4th of June, 2 days before delivery, we called them again to ask for the delivery time etc. only to find out that delivery will be delayed because port have not released the item. I wonder if we will find out about this if we didnt call them. The next date given was 12th June. Let's see if they have any other excuses not to deliver my sofa.

With all this bad experience, the only thing i can hope for is to receive the sofa in a tip top condition.

Just a note, i'm not a competitor to bring La Cafa down. Just a review from an unhappy customer.

Edited by UrbanDayak

• Like 1

Guest Bryan Tay

Hi All

I have a very bad experience with La Cafa as well. The solid wood dinning table in fact not a real solid wood. Just a wood look laminate and the surface protruded after expose to water. How can solid wood warp & protrude.

Very bad after sales service, never able to contact them through their office number.

People, my hubby and I have the worst experience ever with La cafa!

Our salesperson is Penny and words from her mouth are all UNRELIABLE!

Lets start off with last mid year we bought 2 bar stools, sofa set and dining table that comes with 6 chairs.

Dining table (tempered glass) - looks perfectly fine and nice!

Sofa - Salesperson mentioned reak leather but honestly, i doubt so.

6 chairs - legs with scratches and marks + yellow stains on the chair cover.

2 bar stools - scratches

In addition, the items we received were all delayed!!!

Fast forward to 1.5 mths ago, my hubby and i returned home, and to out absolute horror, we saw the dining table was already cracked into millions of pieces!! (sadly, im not able to upload the photos to share) The moment we opened the door, we honestly thought that there was a bulgary because the small pieces of glasses were literally scattered all over the dining area, living area, even spilled over to the kitchen and even caused scratches to our wall and sofa! After checking the entire house, everything else was still in placed. Nothing was stolen, everything intact. Our doors and locks were all in perfect conditions too. In other words, there was a no burglary, but, it was obvious that the table cracked on its own!! Cant imagine what would have happened to both my hubby and i if we were home then, we would have surely got hurt!! What a terrible product quality! Oh to add on, we barely used the table for less than 20 times, as most of the times we eat out, and normally it is just a tissue box on the table!!

Immediately we demanded La Cafa to come to our house to clear up the torrid mess and cleared the table. And we told them we demanded a full change of our table and the chairs, or they were to return back our money without delay. So they told us they will do the change, but we told them we will certainly not choose the same , and not anymore of glass material.

We then visited their shop at Furniture Mall and settled upon a marble table (Penny claims that its pure marble and it will not be cultured marble) with 6 chairs which will be the change for the broken table and chairs, and on that day we bought an additional bedside table. They told us that the bedside table will be delivered in a week, whilst thr marble table with chairs will be on 28 Nov 2015. Due to the initial poor delivery conditions and late delivery issues in mid of last year, we told them to not make the same mistakes again.

So a week later, the bedside table arrived promptly. It was almost not a surprise due to the previous poor experiences mentioned above to see that the drawers of the bedside table cannot be closed, and, there were knocks and cracks all over. Immediately we told them to removed it and demanded an immediate change. They said they will call on monday to inform when the exchange will be done. We waited till Tuesday, no call, so on tuesday itself we called and scolded them, and they gave certain lame excuses of they had no confirmation from the production so they did not call. So they rather keep us waiting and let us keep chasing for answer? This was not the first time we kept calling to chase for answers since a year ago when they were late for the deliveries.

So finally they called the next day to say the bedside table will come by the end of the week. And guess what, when it came, the drawers did not have any handles! How do they even expect us to open the drawers?? And, our order specifically stated with handles!! So same thing, on the spot, we told them to bring it back and do a proper exchange. And same thing, they said they will call to inform us on Monday when will the new exchange come.

No calls once again! By Monday evening, we called them, and they said they will call back on Wednesday because they are unsure. We told them off that they should at least inform us, rather than keep us waiting because they said they would call. It has always been like this! Chasing them for answer! And all the time they have been very rude.

Finally it was confirmed that we had to wait for another week for the bedside table, ie, the same date that we will receive our marble table with chairs. Can you imagine, the bedside table is barely 2 ft by 2 ft in dimension, and just about 50 cm in height, and it took 1 mth!!

So 28 Nov came, and we had the strongest feelings that something will be screwed up.

And holy cow, we were right.

The bedside table came, yes with handles now, but again, with cracks all over!! It was returned on the spot!

And what about the long-awaited marble table and chairs?? Well, firstly, no chairs were delivered, and secondly, there was no marble table too! So what was delivered??

Well... It was the tempered glass top that was for our previous table!!! What a freaking joke! What a tragedy!! And again, it is only the glass top that was delivered! No table legs stand!!!!!

And when we questioned the delivery guys, they said there was no order for the marble table and chairs, and they were only told to bring the glass top as replacement. Oh my god!!! And the joke of all is, they asked "where is the table to replace the glass?". Our reply to them was " You guys brought back the remaining broken **** table!!! "

What crap man! So we called up Penny as usual, and she gave lots of lame excuses. And say she will call back on Monday again to update.

She called on Monday, no news. Will call again on Tuesday which is Today.

So today, Tueaday, they called. Their manager Kelly called as well. And guess what they said? They said it is our fault for choosing a marble color that was not in stock, so it will only come in mid December maybe. What crap?? Our fault??? Penny was the one who told us the color is available, she was the one who promised and wrote on the receipt that it will be delivered on 28 Nov! And they started shouting at us, saying that we are too much, they are already doing a goodwill exchange, we should understand them and not chase them, what on earth???? We were very certain and sure that they totally did not take our order at all. What a cunning company with cheats and lies!

And so now we shall see if the goods do come in time and in perfect conditions, because if not, we will certainly not hesitate to take further actions.

Absolutely poor service, cunning sales lies, lousy quality products, and rude staff with no respect to us customers.

My strong suggestion is to urge you guys NOT to patronise at LA CAFA ! You can see that some of our incidents mentioned are very similar to the posts by others.

What a nightmare! And i sincerely hope our goods will be promptly delivered in proper conditions by mid Dec. maybe i will update you guys then again.

Aside to la cafa, please be informed that we have checked with the respective authorities and yes, we can report against your company as we have all the EVIDENCES.

Hi all, 

May I know what did you guys do when they keep delaying the delivery or non-delivery of the item? Besides all the calling of the company and getting very irresponsible response. I am a victim.

Edited by 101010
add on

Bought a furniture from them. Poor workmanship, request them to come resolve it. Called the main line and they say it only showroom, give me another number to call and the other number say they are only sub contractor and can only feedback to main. After repeated call for appointment, later they arranged a date but nobody come. Buy from them and regret only

Edited by ArtTango

Hi,

May i know if anyone has put in a claims with Small Claims Tribunal and/or filed a CASE report against LA CAFA and how did it go? I am having so many problems with my furniture bought from this company.

Anyone intending to purchase anything from them, DO NOT! JUST DO NOT, NO MATTER WHAT THEY PROMISE YOU.