Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
triton

My First House @ Ponggol ( Fengshui, Newborn Etc )

By the way, backtrack a bit. 3 week ago something happen. I am supposed to 动土on Sunday morning before 11 am( my fenshui master recommend this time to avoid the 7 th month ) . But my wife is in confirment. So I went with 4 year old son. I was a bit late so I started my prayer at exactly 11 am. After that I did not wait for the joss stick to burn finish and started knocking on the floor to signify the start of construction. But later that day I had bumped my car. Then my mother and my wife mentioned maybe I did not pray properly or my sequence is incorrect ( should have waited for the joss stick to finished first) . Just pure unlucky or superticious . Up to you to decide

Edited by triton

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice feature wall! May i knw hw much did ur id quote u for this?

My Id do not want to use laminate only. So he choose some glass and lighting together, anyway pm you the prices already

Went to survey lighting and bathroom accessories last weekend with my ID. I wanted to choose led downlight but I am quote 98 for led 4 ft lamp. T5 about 28 per set. In total I need to pay about 2.1k. :unsure: Luckily my neighbour is a importer of lighting. My neighbor have been quite friendly and so far he is quite honest, he quoted me almost half the price. I think I will try with my neigdbour . Anyway 98 can almost buy 2 set. Once installed, will put up the picture

9e5b8a65b3d9e8dc2644b6b6b6ebb36d.jpg

My shoe cabinet cum divider

I like your shoe cabinet cum divider, can pm me the price for that?

Any pictures to see the other side after the door? Thanks alot.

I like your shoe cabinet cum divider, can pm me the price for that?

Any pictures to see the other side after the door? Thanks alot.

Sorry the last 2 month have been busy with reno and works. It have been quite up and down .

But now the reno have been almost done. Will send more of the photo later

Will try to post more picture.

photo2rpu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The wardrobe for the other 2 rooms.

I like the wood laminate and glass. It looks nice. But i felt the white body could be better if it is black. Anways it is done already .

Edited by triton

just about 1 month ago , when the renovation start, we encounter a major challenge. Initally my designer and i decided on building a shower screen

toiletmbr.jpg

It should be quite straight forward. And you just draw a line and it became a shower screen. Unfortunately upon measuring the wall, it is too narrow. It is less than 600mm. Too narrow for a man to be comfortable inside.

Then The designer propose to use a hexagonal design. Another mistake. The door swing inward into the shower area. You need to squeeze into the other corner before you can get in the shower area.

b1e6aadb6a653fcd5926109.jpg

Then serious consideration , i decided to knock down the toilet entrance door and replace it with glass door. In this way, the door to the toilet is shifted. Thus it sorted out the problem. Luckily my ID have been Kind and understanding for me to redo it. Of course need to top it up a bit. I do not know if anyone encountered this same problem?

Edited by triton

For the common toilet, we also have slight issue. After we overlay the tiles , then we lay the aircon piping. Then the thick aircon piping and the drainage pipe can be visible. It is so ugly. Then my ID designer help me to overlay it with matching tile

Before laying of tile

toiletcommon3.jpg

toiletcommon5.jpg

after laying of tile

toiletcommon1.jpg

IT LOOK MUCH BETTER NOW :-)

My kitchen have always been a challenge for my designer. First small kitchen. Second My fengshui master forbid me to put gas burner at the normal position. Third MY wife want functional yet . Fourth I want it to look nice

Luckily my designer have been quite patient and try as much as possible to match our need.

Our inital drawing

kitchendrawing2.jpg

kitchendrawing.jpg

Nice color. Quite nice looking. But I prefer drawer layout because it look more modern. My wife do not like to have so much drawer. So my ID design the door to look like drawer.

kitchenl.jpg

It looks like drawer. But actually most of them are open door style. My granite top have not been placed.

kitchen3u.jpg

My upper cabinet also meet with some challenge. Initially it is supposed to be flat. But there is 1 ugly fat piping on the top right corner. My designer designer to box it up. Altough slightly off, it still look ok .

But i like to the combination a lot. Black frame with light color door.

**** my kitchen door is scratch .

scratchonkitchen.jpg

I am upset. Should i insist on repair OR just forget about it .

My granite top is also broken. I think they will replace a new one for me( According to my ID) . I will CHECK DOUBLE SURE that they would not STICK back and give to me .

mygranitetop.jpg

Now it come to masterbed room.

Initally our drawing

masterd.jpg

The laminate with black and white look nice. I like the big piece. It seems so big in picture. However a challenge arrive. The wall is not deep enough for the wall cabinet. My ID assistant trying to explain this point.

856ab53b1b4eafbd7b8ba4d.jpg

This picture have been masked .

Edited by triton