Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mullane86

Single Orphan Buying 1St Home

Hehe... Next time when I take photo of my house, I'll make sure to hang one or two bras. :)

you have a pic of a big motorbike as your icon for your nick. so everyone will think you are a guy loh. hahaahaha.....

even hanging a bra or 2, still we will think your gf staying with you. but i think now everyone knows you are a lady.. :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

O u R a lady oops me too tot u bro :sport-smiley-004:

Since u now stay Bt Batok very near go take moto bike lesson very convenient :dancingqueen:

Hi Mullane86. Thanks for the information on the bike pole. I went to a local bike shop to purchase a similar one yesterday. Hehe

Hi Broccoli13,

how much? Have you installed yet?

So my original plan was to hack 2 new doorways to the bedroom. And convert my store room to become Walk-in Wardrobe.

But unfortunately, HDB declined the permit. Store room is a fire hazard.

And I cannot hack the walls to make 2 new doorways. Quite upset with the turn of events.

But hey, there is always a reason behind everything.

This is to correct a misconception that storeroom cannot be hacked to convert into a WIW and have 2 doorways. Hacking of my storeroom was approved the 3rd time round, only after we've specifically put it in black and white that we forgo the storeroom and wished to convert it into a WIW. Ours has 2 doorways too. If it remains a storeroom and you want 2 entrances to it, then it will not be approved.

Anyway, having a storeroom is useful for bulky and unsightly items like ladder, luggage, tool box, extra chairs etc :rolleyes:

This is to correct a misconception that storeroom cannot be hacked to convert into a WIW and have 2 doorways. Hacking of my storeroom was approved the 3rd time round, only after we've specifically put it in black and white that we forgo the storeroom and wished to convert it into a WIW. Ours has 2 doorways too. If it remains a storeroom and you want 2 entrances to it, then it will not be approved.

Anyway, having a storeroom is useful for bulky and unsightly items like ladder, luggage, tool box, extra chairs etc :rolleyes:

It's great that you can have a WIW... The Town Council guy said my flat is prefab-unit. So if I hack the walls, it might collapse the building. (or something like that.)

Yes you are right, I need a store room. Thank God I didn't hack it away. I just realised I have so much boxes..

U noe how much u renov ur kitchen cabinet? I want to do one that look like urs...but with black lining instead of orange. Do u paid extra for that pattern? I mean if I have it all white,will it be cheaper? :unsure:

U noe how much u renov ur kitchen cabinet? I want to do one that look like urs...but with black lining instead of orange. Do u paid extra for that pattern? I mean if I have it all white,will it be cheaper? :unsure:

Hi Onions2hot,

I don't have the quote with me right now, but I can give you a ballpark figure. It's about $3100.

Come with the soft-closing Dish Rack. But the rest of the doors can still be slam.

As for the linings, it's all a matter of playing with the colours.

I didn't want 1 colour. So I asked for 2 colours. I wish the orange lining would be more.

But it can be seen only on the drawers and the sides.

I will upload a photo of the laminates upclose, next week.

You want black linings? What about the colour of the doors and kitchen top?

All white like urs. Think of black tabletop,but my sister said white easier to maintain. Does $3100 come with tap,sink,hood and cooker? Mine is a resale so hacking down the existing one is a must for me to do too. I believe mine will be more expensive...

Did u think of getting a Retractable laundry system for ur clothes? Using dryer is very high on electricity bills...

Hi onions2hot,

My $13467 Reno has the cooker and hob included. But not in the $3100. I told my ID to include cooker and hob because I have no cash to buy separately. They also included the kitchen sink and tap. Together with replacing my big wash basin in the kitchen to a small square one in the common toilet.

Black kitchen top can see scratches. If got ants crawling, you cannot see.

Onions, forgot to reply about the dryer. I am lazy to hang my clothes out. So dryer is really convenient for me. My utilities bill just came. Its $22.92. Quite cheap. Maybe because only moved in 12 days. :)

Bought at $165

Hey Bro,

where did you buy it from? Is it the same model?

I was thinking, if I am greedy and want to hang 3 or 4 bicycles instead, can buy the 2 extra hooks or not...

Sorry for not updating my T-blog in a very long time.

Loving the life, man.

About 2 weeks ago, I bought a Cosmo 7ft Pool table from New Nyew.

Got it at a very good deal of $500.

Thank you!

pooltablec.jpg

The table first hand cost $1300.

cosmo7ft.jpg

Then I bought the dining top from Ron of Pool World.

That's another $200.

20120905192316.jpg

End of this month, I'll be getting 2 benches from Ikea.

Woohoo! Can't wait for that.

You know, I have spent all my savings. And every month, when pay day comes...OMG.

I just buy more things!

Really living the life. Have to start my savings from scratch now.

So many more things I haven't buy.

1. TV Console

2. 47" LED 3D SMART TV

3. Coffee Table

4. Mirrors for the Bath rooms

5. Microwave Oven

6. Rice Cooker

7. Wardrobes

8. Bed Frames

9. Projector

10. Volkswagen Beetle (Lol)

Till my next big buy, Adios!

Open up the pool table,nicer this way! :sport-smiley-004:

What abt getting a massage chair? Wow...I feel like taking some beers up and celebrate ur new home! :drunk:

( I am a gal too,same same me also orphan)

I still got two more mths to getting my flat,no more taking nonsenses from tenant again! :dancingqueen:

Edited by onions2hot