Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Andy Wuu

How Many Types Of Hdb Permit Are There?

Dear people...

I am new at this but now I am very confused..... need your 2 cent worth in here:

I am doing my own reno, my friend will be assisting me to look for sub-con for all the electrical/ plumbing/ carpentry work etc... I will also look for lightings/ fixtures/ etc on my own.

However he just told me that he managed to get a permit for Hacking (i.e. from an ID firm) but we need another permit (i.e. another ID firm, etc) to be liable for any misfortunate that happened during the reno *touchwood* becoz the first ID firm dont want to be liable for any damages etc.... is that true????

I thought only 1 permit is required and thats it? Why need to have 2? If so, anybody can help to source for another firm that can assist me... Pls advice thanks!!

Regards,

Andy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear people...

I am new at this but now I am very confused..... need your 2 cent worth in here:

I am doing my own reno, my friend will be assisting me to look for sub-con for all the electrical/ plumbing/ carpentry work etc... I will also look for lightings/ fixtures/ etc on my own.

However he just told me that he managed to get a permit for Hacking (i.e. from an ID firm) but we need another permit (i.e. another ID firm, etc) to be liable for any misfortunate that happened during the reno *touchwood* becoz the first ID firm dont want to be liable for any damages etc.... is that true????

I thought only 1 permit is required and thats it? Why need to have 2? If so, anybody can help to source for another firm that can assist me... Pls advice thanks!!

Regards,

Andy

one will do but u got to pay 200 - 300 if i have the lic of cos i wont want to earn this kind of money due to if misfortunate wet work leaking who is going to find the sub-con etc....... let me teach u find a tiler and ask them go find permit for u which have workmanship and the lic holder know they standart up to where it just a trust not the money issuse.

Thanks Fairyland...

Yeah still short of (1) Hacking permit (2) Electrician and (3) wet work sub-con :P

Anybody can help please kindly assist! Thanks!

Regards,

Andy

Thanks Fairyland...

Yeah still short of (1) Hacking permit (2) Electrician and (3) wet work sub-con :P

Anybody can help please kindly assist! Thanks!

Regards,

Andy

From what u are going to do, find a renovation contractor is easier but not an ID. Since the contractor is going to do wet-works, they should be able to get for u the permit. This way will solve ur number 1 n 3. As for number 2, i believe the contractor should have contacts for an electrician.

Even if u find individual workers for the different works, u still need to find some company whos willing to be responsible for your permit. As someone has mentioned, if u are not going to engage the id's services, high chance they are not willing to apply the permit for u unless for a high price which may not be worth it after all.