Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Redpepper

Buying Modern Classic Furniture From Bangkok

I am looking for a retro modern classic sofa, bar stools and coffee table. Many shops here get them made in Thailand.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience buying furniture from Bangkok and where I can go and have a look in Bangkok?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am looking for a retro modern classic sofa, bar stools and coffee table. Many shops here get them made in Thailand.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience buying furniture from Bangkok and where I can go and have a look in Bangkok?

Hi redpepper,

there must be a reason why people are opening up furniture shops here. as what you mentioned most of them got it from thailand, so why do you even need to buy directly from bangkok just for 1 or few furniture? the air freight charges will be high which mostly comes up to be more expensive than buying in singapore directly..

Hi redpepper,

there must be a reason why people are opening up furniture shops here. as what you mentioned most of them got it from thailand, so why do you even need to buy directly from bangkok just for 1 or few furniture? the air freight charges will be high which mostly comes up to be more expensive than buying in singapore directly..

also dont forget about the gst , the gst will be the cost of the freight and furniture price add together , there will be also handling fee or port tax when the furniture reach sg which a lot of people is not aware of BUT if will be worth it if it something one of a kind that u cannot find in sg but if it for cost saving i dont think u will save much in the end

here the quote from one of the homeowner that bought furniture from oversea

Just got my furniture today! I bought a sofa, 5 dining chairs and 2 dining stools from Hawaii Five O in BKK.

Paid about $2,300 for the furniture, $800 for freight here, and here comes the best part:

I paid $1,140 to clear customs, handling, port charges, GST and transport to my house!

Total cost for furniture = $4,240!!! *Faint*

I think if I got them from SG, the cost would be slightly more expensive only.

Edited by rayfox

I have also order quite a number of furnitures and lights from Bangkok. Now cargo in Singapore and awaiting the last part which I hope that will not give me a scare. Will update again.

Ok gotta my final bill for cargo and freight. It's really a killer paying the cargo in Singapore. Warehouse charges alone is $550... Which I really wonder omg why it could it so high???!!! Calculations confirmed that if I buy fr SG might only cost a bit more as quoted earlier. :(