Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
momiji

Same Floor For The Whole House

yes, i agreed. I think girls would understand better the illusion of bigger space like wearing clothes.

because its same tiles throughout, most of my friends that came to my house feels its much bigger. flooring is the 2nd biggest piece in the home other than walls. so when its continuously 1 tile throughout, it makes the floor area seem bigger.

I am not girl..but we have the same idea hahaha :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i have wood-grain tiles for the whole house, and i specifically wanted the same tiles for whole house to create the illusion of continuous space..i suppose it's sub-conscious, it feels bigger as your mind will process the rooms AND corridor as one instead of 2 different (smaller) areas when you use different tiles..

btw, my floor tiles are quite 'rough' and suitable for kitchen..toilet tiles were provided by HDB and we didn't change it..

it's just like how nude heels can elongate your legs and create an illusion of 'longer' legs..or how girls would avoid 'cutting' your body into different parts that creates the illusion of shorter legs and torso..i guess only girls could understand this.. :P

ok lah, nothing wrong with that thinking... Most important u feel happy with it because u r the one paying money n staying there... :sport-smiley-018:

Regarding ur last sentence....... Not a girl , do not know what to say ....

Btw, do u feel ur legs are longer when u wear long pants or when u wear short skirt ?

yes, i agreed. I think girls would understand better the illusion of bigger space like wearing clothes.

because its same tiles throughout, most of my friends that came to my house feels its much bigger. flooring is the 2nd biggest piece in the home other than walls. so when its continuously 1 tile throughout, it makes the floor area seem bigger.

oh, u mean like that push up "thingy"... (sorry, i cant help it to comment on this... no offense )

have u considered marble then ? can become 1 piece flooring...

oh, u mean like that push up "thingy"... (sorry, i cant help it to comment on this... no offense )

have u considered marble then ? can become 1 piece flooring...

of course i did considered marble.... i gave additional point (i assess flats i view by point system so those above 80 will be considered for purchase) for flats with marble flooring when i went around viewing. but not many have marble..... and to do it during reno, was just too ex. cannot afford it leh..... too poor lah... :~:~:bangwall::bangwall:

ok lah, nothing wrong with that thinking... Most important u feel happy with it because u r the one paying money n staying there... :sport-smiley-018:

Regarding ur last sentence....... Not a girl , do not know what to say ....

Btw, do u feel ur legs are longer when u wear long pants or when u wear short skirt ?

i feel my legs are longer when wearing long pants. even my colleague says so..... just yesterday she commented that seem like i lose weight.... but because i was wearing long pants. 80% of the time i wear skirts to work.... so when i wear long pants, she thought i lose weight cos my legs seem longer.

of course i did considered marble.... i gave additional point (i assess flats i view by point system so those above 80 will be considered for purchase) for flats with marble flooring when i went around viewing. but not many have marble..... and to do it during reno, was just too ex. cannot afford it leh..... too poor lah... :~:~:bangwall::bangwall:

i feel my legs are longer when wearing long pants. even my colleague says so..... just yesterday she commented that seem like i lose weight.... but because i was wearing long pants. 80% of the time i wear skirts to work.... so when i wear long pants, she thought i lose weight cos my legs seem longer.

marbles also have cheaper version but anyway u already done up ur home so i better zip if not u have second thoughts :bangwall:

thanks for your second reply... my view is also the same as ur colleague... wearing long pants actually has that effect of making ur legs longer n also slimmer... thats y i initially wanted to contest what theitsybits said abt the longer legs on nude heels before on... :sport-smiley-018:

marbles also have cheaper version but anyway u already done up ur home so i better zip if not u have second thoughts :bangwall:

thanks for your second reply... my view is also the same as ur colleague... wearing long pants actually has that effect of making ur legs longer n also slimmer... thats y i initially wanted to contest what theitsybits said abt the longer legs on nude heels before on... :sport-smiley-018:

Maybe those marble I was looking at was the more expensive version. My bro bought the whole stone then get factory to cut. So I know the price of doing such and totally out of my budget.

Hi, i'm new to this but have you all heard of vinyl tiles or resilient flooring. They look like wood but its not so can be waterproof. Think it is good to put in kitchen. :)