Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ROng

Feature Wall

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
can I add on to ask another question? is it okie to cover up both the round round protruding thing from the HHS with feature wall?

by left yes, by right NO

it's an SCDF regulation, not hdb :good:

by left yes, by right NO

it's an SCDF regulation, not hdb :notti:

hehe.. thanks! i believe alot of ppl by left.. wonder if SCDF will come and check? :deal:

Dear All,

According to the Standard Practice in the renovation circuit, the feature wall that is being used to cover the bomb shelter is 150mm.

As for your 2nd Question to the round metal piece protruding from the bomb shelter, you're NOT ALLOW to touch or remove that metal piece at all. Neither can you Hang anything in your bomb shelter or drill anything onto the walls of the bomb shelter as it is the Jurisdiction of the SCDF & the Govn.

My advice to you is to follow the " BY RIGHT " rule and don't go for the " By Left" rule

Dear All,

According to the Standard Practice in the renovation circuit, the feature wall that is being used to cover the bomb shelter is 150mm.

As for your 2nd Question to the round metal piece protruding from the bomb shelter, you're NOT ALLOW to touch or remove that metal piece at all. Neither can you Hang anything in your bomb shelter or drill anything onto the walls of the bomb shelter as it is the Jurisdiction of the SCDF & the Govn.

My advice to you is to follow the " BY RIGHT " rule and don't go for the " By Left" rule

Can drill, but not more than 50mm deep.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...S)?OpenDocument

Types of Works Not Permitted in HS

• Laying of wall tiles or spray of rock tone finish, cement sand finish and gypsum plastering on the internal faces of HS walls including ceiling.

• Laying of floor tiles using adhesive materials.

• Laying of 2nd layer of tiles on floor or skirting tiles.

• Installation of cornices within the HS.

• Installation works with fixings using power driven nails into the internal HS walls.

• Tampering with, removing or covering up of the HS door notice. The HS door notice provides important information to the occupants on the proper use of the HS.

• Indiscriminate hacking and drilling of the HS walls, floor slabs and ceiling slabs, other than drilling into HS walls and ceiling slabs to affix removable screws on inserts, provided the depth of the insert shall not exceed 50mm.

• Hacking to both internal and external face of the household shelter walls to form key for tiling.

• Hacking or indiscriminate drilling on external face of HS wall for mounting of feature wall panels or wall tiles installation.

• Modifying, changing, removing or tampering of HS door.

• Modifying, altering or tampering with any part of the ventilation openings, plates and the mounting devices such as bolts and nuts.

• Painting to the interior face of the 6mm fragmentation stainless steel plate of the ventilation sleeve, the ventilation sleeve, "O" ring rubber gasket and the four or eight numbers of stainless steel bolts, which hold the steel plate to the sleeve.

Hi zacky_ling,

thanks for sharing with me the rules and regulations of the HHS.

i am not intending to remove any of the round thingies but i am considering a feature wall with tic-tac doors to conceal up the HHS door and the 2 rounded thingies. I hope that does not conflict with scdf rules and regulations?

lxiul,

I am sure that the feature wall that you have in mind that comes with the tic tac door to conceal the HHS door & the 2 round things will not conflict with the scdf rules & regulations.

Please make sure that the tic tac door opens in the same directions as of your HHS door.

erm you CANNOT conceal both the 2 round things, at least one must be unobstructed

it's against scdf rules

Edited by applefreak