Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
v1hypersg

Windows And Curtains

hi,

been troubled lately about the color of windows and curtains,

can someone help :

will be changing all my windows as they are old, the dark film is peeling and the handles are loose and cannot be tighten.

I was thinking of getting black glass, as i thought it will keep the sun glare out but was told that the whole house would look dark and gloomy,

but if i were to go for clear glass, i was afraid it would be too bright and have to use curtains to tone down the brightness,

next about the type of windows, i am definitely going for sliding ones as current ones are the swing out ones and the hinges are tight when pushing out and feels weak, worried that it might drop off and kill someone

but should i get those with top swing panels for ventilation when i am out and in the kitchen, if there is gas leak, the gas would be able to go out instead of accumulating in the house, also if there is someone sick and cannot turn on aircon and does not want to use fan, that panels allows for ventilation as well,

but down side is difficult to clean and not smooth 1 piece, there are corners to wipe,

finally curtains, should i go for full length or half ? current window is half length and whole wall is windows, from left to right all the way for living, 2 bedrooms,

thinking of roller blinds but might need few sets to cover entire length so not so nice,

then how many layers ? mash, day and night curtains ? depending on 1st question, what color is window glass ?

so many opinions but cannot decide and worried that i make the wrong decision and regret every day,

can anyone share some thoughts,

thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation