Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cpwong

Air-Con Problem

I have a Toshiba System-3 inherited from the previous owner of our resale 5-room flat. Our main air-con usage is in the MBR about 6-9 hours every night. Recently, the blower unit in the MBR is not cooling as well as the other two rooms with the same settings. When I opened the MBR blower unit, I saw some rusting in the pipes due to condensation under heavy usage, while the other two units looked almost brand new.

Since the outdoor unit is still functioning to provide good cooling in the other two rooms, I thought of swapping the blower unit from one of them with the MBR unit. When I spoke to my air-con service guy, he said it was a waste of time as each blower unit had its own compressor and swapping blowers would not work.

I'm puzzled - I thought that in a System-3 all the blowers share a single compressor. If one blower is not functioning well due to rust in fan coils, then swapping it with a good one should work since the compressor is in good working order.

Any air-con technicians in the forum care to comment?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Rust does not affect the performance of the blower.

Most likely your MBR fancoil is choked due to high usage.

Need to do chemical wash to clear the choke.

Rust does not affect the performance of the blower.

Most likely your MBR fancoil is choked due to high usage.

Need to do chemical wash to clear the choke.

During the last servicing about 4 months ago, we did a chemical cleaning and even cleared the drainage pipe.

Consider putting in additional filters at the evaporator units.. make your air conditioner works better..here is how

http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.sg/2012/11/air-conditioning-filters.html

Hey, that's an interesting idea, but I think it's too late for my current air-con now. I must remember to do this when I get a new one though...

BTW, intesresting blog you got there! :thumbs up:

Thanks. you can do it right now. If you like, after the chemical cleaning.

Hey, that's an interesting idea, but I think it's too late for my current air-con now. I must remember to do this when I get a new one though...

BTW, intesresting blog you got there! :thumbs up:

hi cpwong, managed to solve your problem of your air-con. I would believe your problem may be a faulty solenoid controller. Get it replace should solve your problem. My personal feeling, to prevent chemical wash if possible as the chemicals used are rather aggressive as it will corrode the fins on the blower

hi cpwong, managed to solve your problem of your air-con. I would believe your problem may be a faulty solenoid controller. Get it replace should solve your problem. My personal feeling, to prevent chemical wash if possible as the chemicals used are rather aggressive as it will corrode the fins on the blower

Hmm.. That sounds plausible. Is the controller part of the blower or the outdoor unit?

Are you an air-con technician?

Hmm.. That sounds plausible. Is the controller part of the blower or the outdoor unit?

The webpage show using velco fastener either staple or glue to the existing filter.. the filter will stick in place

How u put additional filter? It will drop mine panasonic system 2 inverter

The solenoid temperature controller is within the inhouse blower unit. It serve as a feedback control unit to control the temperature. Check with your servicing tecnician.

I am not a servicing technician but a house owner just like yourself. I had the similiar problem with my air con unit some time back. Got the technician to replace the unit and solve the problem.

Edited by eaglef18