Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tkcltoh

No Laying Of Wall Tiles For Behind Kitchen Cabinet

Hi,

I have engage 3D for my renov and I have choose the 2 toilet & kitchen renov package. My ID told me as this is a promo package, they will not be laying wall tiles are the area where the kitchen cabinet be installed which is quite a big patch!

He told me it is common for some ppl not to lay any wall tiles since kitchen cabinet will cover the area.

I would like to know anyone engage 3D for the same package and what he say is true?

Will there be any possible foreseen problem in doing that?

Thanks

tkcltoh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

this is the package I signed which did not mention this.

HDB-Kitchen & 2 Bathrooms @ $13,888

A. Design Works

Design consultation & space planning

Design proposal & 3D perspective drawing

Selection of colour, material & accessories

Consultant & project management

Site inspection / work schedule

B. Hacking Works

Hacking of existing kitchen wall & floor tiles

Hacking of existing 2 bathrooms wall & floor tiles

Hacking of existing 50mm cement fridge, washing machine & kitchen cabinet base.

Dismantle existing kitchen cabinet

Dismantle existing 2no.s of WC, Washing Basins & Bathroom Doors

C. Masonry Works

Laying of 2 layer K11/104 water proofing membrane for kitchen

Laying of 450mm x 300mm glossy ceramic wall tiles for kitchen till ceiling height

Laying of 300mm x 300mm heavy duty non-slip homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen

Laying of 2-layer K11/104 water proofing membrane for 2 bathrooms

Laying of 450mm x 300mm glossy ceramic wall tiles for & 2 bathrooms till ceiling height

Laying of 300mm x 300mm heavy duty non-slip homogeneous floor tiles for 2 bathrooms

Construct 50mm kitchen cabinet mortar base comes with side tiling work

Construct 50mm frige mortar base comes with full tiling work

Construct 50mm washing machine mortar base comes with full tiling work

D. Plumbing Works

Replace whole unit piping to stainless steel piping (Cold Points only)

Labour to install 2no.s of water sitting closet

Labour to install 2no.s of washing basins with taps

Labour to install 2no.s instant water heater Labour to install 2 set of bathroom accessories

Labour to install 1no. Kitchen sink & tap

Laying of concealed 2" drainage pipe for kitchen sink

Laying of concealed 2" drainage pipe for washing machine

E. Carpentry works

Design,fabricate & install (L) 20ft kitchen cabinet in solid-ply finish with high grade "LAMITAK" laminate comes with :

>(L)10ft postform worktop, Abs trimming casement doors,1 set of 2 tier stainless steel dish drainer

>1 set of cultery tray, 2 set of wooden frame sand-blasted glass panel, Designer handles & shelves

F. Miscellaneous Works

Supply & install 2nos. of design aluminium bi-fold door c/w acrylic panel

Haulage fee works: Uplifting of materials & sand incl disposal of debris to approved dumping site)

Chemical washing upon completion of works

Provide corrugated paper for protection

HDB Renovation Permit fees

For that price of $13888, I think you should get tiles at the back of cabinets which I think is not much additions. At least at upper cabinets.

I come across same works for lesser price.

The disadvantage for not having tiles at the back is that should you some years down the road which I think is unlikely, to dismantle the upper cabinets and have only lower cabinets, you are stuck coz of the bare concrete walls.

IC, thanks for the highlight...i googled for answers in renotalk and there's a few answers found as well. Some ID mention to the consumer is partially stable the cupboards etc etc. Well i'm not sure how true it is but based on the consumer reno, seems to be good. i guess it depends on luck i suppose.

but its stated "wall tiles till ceiling height"

personally i will prefer to have tiles behind the cabinets..

my kitchen does not have wall tiles behind the cabinets (done by ex-owner) and now im thinking of renovating the kitchen and faced issue of either having bare walls should i opt not to have top cabinets or having different tiles unless the new cabinets cover exactly the same area as the old cabinets. or have to spend more to hack away the old tiles and retile all again to make them look the same.. the wall tiles r still in good condition and the color then we wanted, thus its really a waste..

the only pro i can think of is the possibility of having spoilt tiles during the removal of the cabinets..

Edited by clarviboi

For the price, it's norm without tiles lay at the back of the cabinet. It is because tiles and labour cost are costly if considered a huge area to lay.