Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wallgazer

Which Should Go First - Carpentry Or Floor Polishing?

Hi,

I need some advice. I am doing some renovation works now and am not sure whether I should do floor polishing before or after the carpentry work.

What is the usual procedure?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if marble floor, generally polish first coz plenty of water and paste.

If parquet flooring before or after is fine, but depends on the skill of your parquet polisher. They have machines that can sand along the edges of your cabinet. often the carpentry folks scratch the floor despite floor protection cardboard after polishing and varnishing. so end up you still have to polish or re-varnish again which is the ID problem, not yours and he has to fix it.

Thanks for the response. It's marble floors.

And unfortunately the ID hired was too irresponsible for us to continue working with him. So am handling these ourselves.

Thanks for the response. It's marble floors.

And unfortunately the ID hired was too irresponsible for us to continue working with him. So am handling these ourselves.

Please post who is the ID so that many many others here do not fall victim.

I noticed ppl here can do each other a GREAT favor if they sound out the warning.

Then those who OVER CHARGE , run road and do bad service are out of the reno and construction business for good.

Benefits those who want to remain in the business and provide good service and mostly ppl like yourself and the rest, who are potentiol customers , DO NOT become victims also.

Hi,

I need some advice. I am doing some renovation works now and am not sure whether I should do floor polishing before or after the carpentry work.

What is the usual procedure?

HI. I had finish doing my reno. For my case my designer had install the carpentry after that polish the floor.As afraid install after polishing it will scatch the floor again in the process.Hope this will help you cheer:)